[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Why don't you PvP?
Slate Offline
Cue-ball Warrior

RE: Why don't you PvP?

My reason not to PvP is threefold:

1. I like PvM better. Big party dungeon raids are my bread and butter in RO, and my build and equips are built around playing in that format. I've always been the type to prefer co-operating with others over trying to beat them; I love being part of a team.

2. I would never initiate battle. PvP can get rather cuttroat, and I would feel bad about attacking people before they attack me first or at least make it clear that they want to fight me, putting me at a significant disadvantage.

3. The drama. A lot of people can't help but take PvP play too seriously when they participate in it. Winners often get the idea that they're somehow better than losers, and losers whine about winners having no lives outside of PvP. I dislike competition because I, too, get much too involved in it; I hate to lose. Being aware that it's the biggest flaw in my character, I avoid situations that have me competing against other people in case I ruin my reputation by letting it get to me.

[Image: 33918807.png]
Fortune Favors the Bald

Slate: 9x/6x Lord Knight
Basalt: 9x/50 Sage
Glass: 9x/50 Bard
02-07-2009 08:17 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Killouz Offline
Siromas Killer :D

Ok but seriously, I can't choose "I'm always in PvP"
:DIcon_biggrin

[Image: SiromaHopHrtc.gif]         [/align]          [Image: SiromaRevAv.gif][align=justify]
02-07-2009 08:57 PM
Monkey Feet Offline
Fated to be Hated

RE:??Why don't you PvP?

Slate Wrote:My reason not to PvP is threefold:

1. I like PvM better. Big party dungeon raids are my bread and butter in RO, and my build and equips are built around playing in that format. I've always been the type to prefer co-operating with others over trying to beat them; I love being part of a team.

2. I would never initiate battle. PvP can get rather cuttroat, and I would feel bad about attacking people before they attack me first or at least make it clear that they want to fight me, putting me at a significant disadvantage.

3. The drama. A lot of people can't help but take PvP play too seriously when they participate in it. Winners often get the idea that they're somehow better than losers, and losers whine about winners having no lives outside of PvP. I dislike competition because I, too, get much too involved in it; I hate to lose. Being aware that it's the biggest flaw in my character, I avoid situations that have me competing against other people in case I ruin my reputation by letting it get to me.

1. You can party too in PvP, a lot of people do it (it gets annoying /swtIcon_wink

2. But it's fun~

3. = O It's fun~ again~

[Image: monkey.png]

[Image: siggymonkey.jpg]
02-07-2009 08:58 PM
The Legendary Joe Offline
Raging Alt-a-holic

Whats fun for one person may or may not be fun for other people.
02-07-2009 10:33 PM
Monkey Feet Offline
Fated to be Hated

Even DBZ!?!

[Image: monkey.png]

[Image: siggymonkey.jpg]
02-07-2009 11:16 PM
KohakuSan Offline
<3 Hill Lions!

RE:??Why don't you PvP?

Slate Wrote:2. I would never initiate battle. PvP can get rather cuttroat, and I would feel bad about attacking people before they attack me first or at least make it clear that they want to fight me, putting me at a significant disadvantage.

I totally agree with you on those.
02-07-2009 11:57 PM
ZackFireblade Offline

Hmm...I'd have to say it's because I don't like to compete. at least, not in a combat sense.

'sides, AD is expensive, and those are bottles I could be throwing at MVPs! Icon_biggrin

HibikiTheAlchemist:  9x/5x Biochemist
~~Rose:  99 Lif (First homunc on heRO to evolve!)
Hibiki:  95/50 Brewer alt
Rogue Skye: 91/50 Dagger Rogue/Farming alt
Blueberry Poring: 8x Monk
Arrow Chucker: 7x Bard
Shotgun Sinner: 7x Shotgun/Launcher Gunslinger
Rapid Fire Redemption: 7x Revolver/Gatling Gunslinger
02-08-2009 01:56 AM
Kadar Offline
Cheese is WoE

I love PVP and WoE but lately I havn't been going into PVP as much. PVP is fun when it's full of people and those people are there to have fun. If it's light hearted and fun it's a lot better. If you're there to target a particular guild or to antagonize someone then you're the reason we can't have good PVP on heRO.

What I don't like about pvp on heRO:

Skulls and Pets:
Skulls get in the way of moving around and targeting people. They are completely useless. If they were at least used in something they might appear beneficial. Pets just get in the way when you try to target someone.

Teams:
If you want to start teaming up then at least wait until there are 20+ people in pvp. I don't mind 2-3 people teaming up a little but in most cases you don't really need a party. A team should never be more than 20% of the entire pvp room population. An exception could be made if there is already a team of equal size to fight against.

Defensive, Support, and Useless Classes:
The reason you enter PVP is to fight and have fun. So why do people enter on support classes? People don't like to die so they join on an HP or a Pally and all they do is sit there or interfere with someone else's fight. If you want to join PVP then enter with a character that can fight. Join to contribute to the fun not to take away from it. Maybe running in circles and spamming heal is fun to some people. If that's all you want then go mob up some pvm.

Fish:
If all you want to do is win then PVP is not for you. As soon as you use fish you've admitted defeat. If you've run out of SP then you obviously weren't playing effectively. Isn't it more interesting to see how many people you can kill on one HP/SP bar anyway?

Cowards:
Don't log out in the middle of a fight. Don't warp portal away when you're about to die. Don't run off screen to spam fish because you think nobody is going to see you. Finish your fights when you start them. If you spam disables or status then kill the people afterwards.

[Image: combinedoodlesigiq6.gif][Image: siromafinished1ln0.png]
02-08-2009 03:12 AM
Ellie Offline
Bittersweet

See, I have never brought healing items into PvP.
I get nothing out of it, why spend money on it?

I usually go in with a whip, or empty handed, just to slap people.
Generally Conch.
Infact, I only go to PvP to pick on Conch.

Inasad
stop doing dickers
02-08-2009 04:50 AM
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

Stop pickin' on my Stalker's girl ;O

[Image: OHeya.gif]

*Aaronock ~ *Ezekiel Stalker ~ *Maxwell Maximillion ~ *Fazil Reis ~ *Cecil Vega
02-08-2009 05:11 AM