cause no one lets me sit in pvp AAAAAAAAA
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Why don't you PvP?
GM-Pandora Offline
Admin Extraordinaire

RE: Why don't you PvP?

People have very distinct opinions of how they think pvp should be. Some find potting to be bad, others say it's fine and legit, some will call "noob" if they see a sin using edp, others will say the contrary since it's part of their job, some consider it rude if you attack someone sitting, while others will say it's pvp and not a chatoom!, some like to gang, others are annoyed by it, etc. There's no right or wrong, it's just different perspectives usually. All in all, like a lot of people said, some pvpers are too uptight about it and it drives others away.

Live and let live, if you like PVP great, go for it, but don't diss others because it's not their cup of tea. Like most games, RO has many aspect to it (pvp, woe, pvm, mvp, party, event, social, etc.) and everyone's free to concentrate on the ones most fun for them.

~ Server Admin ~
Vote daily to help us grow!
Review us on RateMyServer every 6 months!
Have a problem? Use the Support Ticket System!
Join the Test&Dev team to help out!
02-09-2009 06:20 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Général_Argos Offline
Removed by GM

GM-Pandora Wrote:People have very distinct opinions of how they think pvp should be. Some find potting to be bad, others say it's fine and legit, some will call "noob" if they see a sin using edp, others will say the contrary since it's part of their job, some consider it rude if you attack someone sitting, while others will say it's pvp and not a chatroom!, some like to gang, others are annoyed by it, etc. There's no right or wrong, it's just different perspectives usually. All in all, like a lot of people said, some pvpers are too uptight about it and it drives others away.

Live and let live, if you like PVP great, go for it, but don't diss others because it's not their cup of tea. Like most games, RO has many aspect to it (pvp, woe, pvm, mvp, party, event, social, etc.) and everyone's free to concentrate on the ones most fun for them.

+1

IGN: 9000KRIM Alts:  Morradin, KRIMSTEAL
Banned: Krimlin, Krimlogas, Lord_Krimlogas, General_Argos
Krim's grocery list

¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_-KRIMLIN-¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯/
Murphy law.  The only true one.  
[Image: krimstyleg.jpg]
02-09-2009 07:49 PM
GM-Pandora Offline
Admin Extraordinaire

If you still what that no-healing pvp room krim ill send you the script and you can modify it to add it, I wont have time to do it for a while.

~ Server Admin ~
Vote daily to help us grow!
Review us on RateMyServer every 6 months!
Have a problem? Use the Support Ticket System!
Join the Test&Dev team to help out!
02-09-2009 07:56 PM
Général_Argos Offline
Removed by GM

Ok, I'd like that.

IGN: 9000KRIM Alts:  Morradin, KRIMSTEAL
Banned: Krimlin, Krimlogas, Lord_Krimlogas, General_Argos
Krim's grocery list

¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_-KRIMLIN-¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯/
Murphy law.  The only true one.  
[Image: krimstyleg.jpg]
02-09-2009 08:16 PM
Corporal Offline
Posting Freak

RE:??Why don't you PvP?

G?n?ral_Argos Wrote:Ok, I'd like that.??

+1

IGNs:

Heii - 99/70 Sniper
Limits - 99/50 Knight
Asira - 9x/6x High Priest
Ruins - 99/70 Whitesmith
Meteor - 99/70 Champion
Toy. - 99/6x Assassin Cross
02-10-2009 08:59 AM
Monkey Feet Offline
Fated to be Hated

RE:????Why don't you PvP?

Ultima_Pi Wrote:
Kadar Wrote:Skulls and Pets:
Skulls get in the way of moving around and targeting people.??They are completely useless.??If they were at least used in something they might appear beneficial.??Pets just get in the way when you try to target someone.

Defensive, Support, and Useless Classes:
The reason you enter PVP is to fight and have fun.??So why do people enter on support classes???People don't like to die so they join on an HP or a Pally and all they do is sit there or interfere with someone else's fight.??If you want to join PVP then enter with a character that can fight.??Join to contribute to the fun not to take away from it.??Maybe running in circles and spamming heal is fun to some people.??If that's all you want then go mob up some pvm.

Fish:
If all you want to do is win then PVP is not for you.??As soon as you use fish you've admitted defeat.??If you've run out of SP then you obviously weren't playing effectively.??Isn't it more interesting to see how many people you can kill on one HP/SP bar anyway?

Skulls are for the collectors. I'm probably one of the few who even brings pets into PvP. Also, I don't believe there's anything saying you can't randomly drop items in WoE to "get in the way" like in PvP.

I go into PvP on my HP to have fun. Is there something wrong with that? Half the time people think they're awesome when they revenge kill someone at half HP/SP. At least I can put them back at full HP. *shrugs

Fish... Sometimes I wonder why I bother arguing against fish...

Monkey Feet Wrote:3. = P 4 hydras, a GTB, GR.... sounds like something the super oldies would have only = O

But yea, using fish in PvP is for nubs, and people who only uses 1 thing only is pretty lame... especially if there's stunlock involved. That's just pretty gay.

I guess I fail at PvP. I don't have GTB or GR =/ I guess technically I don't have 4 Hydras either... not all in one bow, anyways.

There are ways to get around stunlock. And... fish... again...

*bangs head on keyboard

Yea.... I like to keep the skulls [/b]I[/b] kill, since the people I usually fight are pretty darn strong X( And I'm like I WON!? I MEAN.... I WON!!! YEA!! X)

X( I don't have em either but I'm not completely horrid at PvP... exept 2 hydras and a thara... >: D

And you're a super freak, what are you talking about? (In possibly the best way I can think of. *Thinks of Rick James*) SUPA FREAK

And yes please to fish idea... WAIT MAKE THAT MAP NO POTS PLOX X(

I don't want to sit for hours trying to reset maps... please... Icon_cry

And yea, Braun's got a huge point.

I keep skulls like Pyro's, Sek's, Angel's Evil, Capt Balthier's, Tripp's, and such on X)

I'm like... 3:2 to Capt Balthier... DARN YOU!!! GET BACK ON SO I CAN KILL YOU WITH MY NEW ANTI-FLEE WEAPON Icon_cry

But yea... PvP's fun... just might need some different adjustments...

[Image: monkey.png]

[Image: siggymonkey.jpg]
02-10-2009 04:47 PM
Rei Ayanami Offline
hungry hungry hippo

RE:??Why don't you PvP?

GM-Pandora Wrote:People have very distinct opinions of how they think pvp should be. Some find potting to be bad, others say it's fine and legit, some will call "noob" if they see a sin using edp, others will say the contrary since it's part of their job, some consider it rude if you attack someone sitting, while others will say it's pvp and not a chatoom!, some like to gang, others are annoyed by it, etc. There's no right or wrong, it's just different perspectives usually. All in all, like a lot of people said, some pvpers are too uptight about it and it drives others away.

well i do agree to the fact that pvp room is used differently by everyone but i would also point out that some people do not care about other people's choice of use of pvp room. not pointing fingers but i do find it very irritating when someone repetitively kill people who are sitting because they are sitting and not smacking people around. and often when asked to stop they just respond in an unfriendly manner or they just ignore the request and continue killing people sitting in pvp room regardless.

i tend to go to pvp room to just catch up with people who spend their entire hero time in that room. at the very least i find it a courtesy to politely ask before beginning to smack people. when asked i often accept but i choose to fight depending on my mood. but often having people kill me simply because they have a different idea on how that place is supposed to be used is very rude and selfish if not arrogant.

its really just up to how one respect each other. krim often GC people for the sake of being funny and as a matter of fact i do find him getting ganged by everyone because of this quite funny. lin is being lin and its lin's natural raction to seeing living players in pvp room, it has become part of the law of nature. but there are others that specifically target non pvpers who are in pvp room. my only comfort is knowing that some of them burn insane ammount of zenny doing so.

When someone calls you a lunatic and the first thing that came to mind is a cute, fluffy, white bunny, you know you've played too much RO.

Welcome to our world.
02-10-2009 05:58 PM
Corporal Offline
Posting Freak

It's fun when you go in and watch a creator burn off ADs.

IGNs:

Heii - 99/70 Sniper
Limits - 99/50 Knight
Asira - 9x/6x High Priest
Ruins - 99/70 Whitesmith
Meteor - 99/70 Champion
Toy. - 99/6x Assassin Cross
02-10-2009 06:05 PM
Braun Offline
PvP

RE: ??Why don't you PvP?

Rei Ayanami Wrote:well i do agree to the fact that pvp room is used differently by everyone but i would also point out that some people do not care about other people's choice of use of pvp room. not pointing fingers but i do find it very irritating when someone repetitively kill people who are sitting because they are sitting and not smacking people around. and often when asked to stop they just respond in an unfriendly manner or they just ignore the request and continue killing people sitting in pvp room regardless.
I sometimes do that to people who are sitting, that have ganged me in the past and that I wasn't able to get them back. If they ask me to stop though I will.

I don't like to abuse. Evil

Braun - Lord Knight
Bofo Bautista - Sniper
Carlos Salcido - Crusader
02-10-2009 08:55 PM
Pyronic Offline
Fire Starter

RE: ????Why don't you PvP?

Monkey Feet Wrote:
Ultima_Pi Wrote:
Kadar Wrote:Skulls and Pets:
Skulls get in the way of moving around and targeting people.??They are completely useless.??If they were at least used in something they might appear beneficial.??Pets just get in the way when you try to target someone.

Defensive, Support, and Useless Classes:
The reason you enter PVP is to fight and have fun.??So why do people enter on support classes???People don't like to die so they join on an HP or a Pally and all they do is sit there or interfere with someone else's fight.??If you want to join PVP then enter with a character that can fight.??Join to contribute to the fun not to take away from it.??Maybe running in circles and spamming heal is fun to some people.??If that's all you want then go mob up some pvm.

Fish:
If all you want to do is win then PVP is not for you.??As soon as you use fish you've admitted defeat.??If you've run out of SP then you obviously weren't playing effectively.??Isn't it more interesting to see how many people you can kill on one HP/SP bar anyway?

Skulls are for the collectors. I'm probably one of the few who even brings pets into PvP. Also, I don't believe there's anything saying you can't randomly drop items in WoE to "get in the way" like in PvP.

I go into PvP on my HP to have fun. Is there something wrong with that? Half the time people think they're awesome when they revenge kill someone at half HP/SP. At least I can put them back at full HP. *shrugs

Fish... Sometimes I wonder why I bother arguing against fish...

Monkey Feet Wrote:3. = P 4 hydras, a GTB, GR.... sounds like something the super oldies would have only = O

But yea, using fish in PvP is for nubs, and people who only uses 1 thing only is pretty lame... especially if there's stunlock involved. That's just pretty gay.

I guess I fail at PvP. I don't have GTB or GR =/ I guess technically I don't have 4 Hydras either... not all in one bow, anyways.

There are ways to get around stunlock. And... fish... again...

*bangs head on keyboard

Yea.... I like to keep the skulls [/b]I[/b] kill, since the people I usually fight are pretty darn strong X( And I'm like I WON!? I MEAN.... I WON!!! YEA!! X)

X( I don't have em either but I'm not completely horrid at PvP... exept 2 hydras and a thara... >: D

And you're a super freak, what are you talking about? (In possibly the best way I can think of. *Thinks of Rick James*) SUPA FREAK

And yes please to fish idea... WAIT MAKE THAT MAP NO POTS PLOX X(

I don't want to sit for hours trying to reset maps... please... Icon_cry

And yea, Braun's got a huge point.

I keep skulls like Pyro's, Sek's, Angel's Evil, Capt Balthier's, Tripp's, and such on X)

I'm like... 3:2 to Capt Balthier... DARN YOU!!! GET BACK ON SO I CAN KILL YOU WITH MY NEW ANTI-FLEE WEAPON Icon_cry

But yea... PvP's fun... just might need some different adjustments...

The Clone Speaks my thoughtsIcon_biggrin

What if you attack everyone no exception until you get taken down then stop. Is that alright?

Yes Cap i wanna kill you to! Icon_twisted

[Image: pyrosig1ln4.th.jpg]

Uploaded with
ImageShack.us
    *~Talking to my blades like they fly b*tches~*
02-11-2009 12:21 AM