Poll: What stops you from RPing?
Its to hard to get into
It doesn't intrest me
I can't keep up with it
I don't like RPing
Rping is hard for me
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What stops you from RPing?
Buffalo Bob Offline
Your Friendly Neighborhood Market Keeper

RE: What stops you from RPing?

I RP on a completely different character than my main.??I don't do it because I'm embarrassed to roleplay and I'm not too secretive about who I am.??Really, follow the conspicuous and it won't be hard at all to know who I am, if you know which account I RP on, that is.??^_~

In any case, I divide myself so that I have my RP char and me.??When I'm on my RP char everyone knows I'm a roleplayer and I'm up for the story.??However, when I'm on my main I've a different agenda.??I don't lose myself in fantasy and I speak no differently than I would were we in the same room.??I speak honestly about subjects brought to light and I don't pretend to not know what you're talkin' about because I haven't ever left Rune-Midgard and its surrounding areas.??=p

I like to think I keep a nice balance.??That's what life is anyway - keeping everything in balance so as to not go too far in any direction, to not fall too far inwards but not to stray too far away from.??Yin and Yang.??No1

-bb-

*edit - Oh yeah, on the line of following a server's storylines; I don't see that as being too big an RP function.??Everyone I've met who RP's has their own story, they just wrap the HeRO story around theirs like a tortilla.??A lil' HeROic enchilada.??"My name is blah blah from bleep bloop.??I got here by way of bliggity blarg and I like to bliffenschaltz.??I fight for the blorggenshaffa under the guise of Bligu the Meek."??Nothing about HeRO in there.??lol

Note of interest - my computer has an automatic spell check in all available text fields.??Certain words above - such as bliggity, blarg, and bliffenschaltz - were characteristically underlined in the red perforation to let me know they were not known words (or at least weren't spelt so) in the computer's dictionary.

Not underlined: blorggenshaffa.??Question Mark

So, if I offended you by using an unknown known word then accept my apology and a 5% discount at Buffalo Bob's.??Icon_wink

-bb-

[Image: style2,Buffalo-spc-Bob.png]

[Image: Zeny.gif]
(This post was last modified: 07-15-2009 06:27 AM by Buffalo Bob.)
07-15-2009 06:16 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Story Teller Offline
Passionate Artist

o.O isn't just playing makes it RPing itself?

[Image: tumblr_ny8egaizy41ugfaiio1_500.gif]
07-15-2009 12:45 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Whispers Offline
from the Abyss

RE:??What stops you from RPing?

Story Teller Wrote:o.O isn't just playing makes it RPing itself?

Not necessarily.??Sure, we are playing a Massively Multiplayer Online Role-Playing Game, but we can escape from the Role-Playing obligation just the same as we can not bump others in bumper cars.??Just free-wheeling all through the rink trying to avoid everyone bumping into you.??It's not the idea, but it's still fun!

I don't hop on Whispers and start talking about my super-sick Jurs and how they helped me defeat Doofenshmirtz Evil Inc. along with my silent platypus buddy, Perry (Phineas and Ferb ftw).??Just the same, though, I do hop on Whispers and beat monsters silly with those aforementioned Jurs; but not as Whispers.

I do it as me, a guy at a computer controlling a little avatar with his mouse and keyboard clicking fervently here and there until every little sprite is replaced with another sprite to tell me the monster the previous sprite was indicating is now dead.??Data is processed, numbers crunched, another sprite pops above my head letting me know my avatar now has attribute points available to it to allow for allocation to certain fields which will then follow a mathematical formula to give me new numbers I can use to replace even more sprites once I find them and their respective monsters.??Ok

So, you see, it's not RP'ing.??It's math.??Laugh

Seriously, though, although this is the Role-Playing genre we don't have to follow that advice and pretend we are who we play.??I am Kris, not the leader of the Saints, not Private Miller in WWII, not a sack boy, I am not Bishop nor any member of Team Rainbow (thank god...I'd hate to tell a woman I'm a secret operative for Team Rainbow...LoL).??I'm not Whispers, Saro, Ankh, Jormungandr, Ryujin Clovenshield, Lee Scoresby, or Waffles.??I just control them.??No1

[Image: K2CmgOR.png]
07-15-2009 01:24 PM
Flare Offline
These sinners never sin...

I've never seen a single thing about RPing outside of the RP tavern.

[Image: 97427070.png]
"Only the fool wishes to go into battle to beat someone for the satisfaction of beating someone." -A Thousand Sons
07-15-2009 03:03 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
JarekMace4 Offline
Suspended on Silver Wings

The thing that stops me from RPing is my inabiltiy to find any RP on here Xd. id LOVE to join a guild where GC is in char..I spent like 5 days trying to explain how Delita ended up in midgard....but i had to take the cop out and say Tallia, his arch nemesis, casted a spell and sent him ,Jarek and Keldon here, and severely weakened them. (hence the noviceness)

"I'm not going there to die, I'm going the to find out if I really am alive" ~Spike Spiegel, Cowboy Bebop

Sarina Farsight- 7x/4x Dancer
Andaria Silverleaf-7x/4x Priest
Culain- 7x/4x Rogue
Delita Blackblade- 7x/4x Knight
07-15-2009 03:40 PM