Poll: What's your opinion on item trial monsters?
They are adequate right now.
They are too easy
They are too difficult
They are only easy for certain classes (list what class in post)
No opinion/don't care
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
ToH Monster: Feedback?
Avalon_Fates Offline
†Last Angel†

RE: ToH Monster: Feedback?

Just never Satan Morroc mobs...please..

[Image: 330g3na.gif]
"A utopia without love is just an illusion"
Angel Fates /99-68/1 agi 190aspd Lord Knight.
Magia Erebea Elysia /83-49/ Battle Alchemist
Magia Elysia/94-50/Magic Bullet Monk <-Needs work.
02-14-2009 05:17 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
GM-Ayu Offline
Uguu!

I think the trial is too easy in the past, and I think that's how I earn the title of being "totally evil" as a ToH Host. 70 points is the wings, and more than that is potential OCA (or even 2 OCA.) However, I thought that the trial of heroes is indeed a *high end event* and requires heavy dedication. It shouldn't be that getting wings is a given but matter of getting the OCA. It should be challenging to even get wings at all, and the OCA goes to the "top of the top."

So far, as a "check" to see if ToH difficulty is appropriate. I have a lv 85 knight as test using +5 gears with a hodremlin card to represent all shields to certain degree, and test that way. I aim for only 30-35/50 as "fair" for monster trial. 50 shouldn't be the norm. 50 in monster trial should be for the 'exceptional.'

Thus why, if I am the host of it, then I have full intention to lower the average score from 90 back to 70-80 (GMs have records of how many points in total given out in each ToH to keep record.)

That's my interpretation and path of the event. Reading some players' comments though it's quite divided on how ToH should be: player friendly or more challenging? I personally favor more challenging, but then again I walk around with a lv 99/70 HP and a 99/50 SL, both of which are tough classes to take down in PvM.

(as for coding, honestly there is no time for it... monster changes is not complicated, but switching map or changing the system of ToH is. That's why the thread only talks of the monsters.)

As for Satan Morroc mob... they have no skill right now so they're just giant HP sack. I consider them boring unless I get to edit them >>;

02-14-2009 08:17 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

Never done item trial, but in monster...I hate going to ToH in general cause it is too damn long to get through monster.??Lately pvp is a bit long but still not nearly as damn long as monster trial feels.??Monster also is too easy usually, and I'm a person who takes their prof there.??Thought about taking stalker there but then I heard about the KSing problem in item and said "FORGET IT!"??I also did not want to switch to bow build and BB crap the whole time just to even stand a chance, it shouldn't work like that.

Honestly, I wish we could automate ToH in general more though, similar to muspel cause with the population growth and the numbers of people going to ToH slightly growing, it makes wanting to go to the events more cumbersome in general.??I imagine GM's also would like to not have to watch over it so carefully and things but then this isn't what this topic is about...

Monster is still too easy either way, I'm not using much of my resources even on prof *webs, gems, healing items.*??I'm not saying stick bio 3 mobs in there but that first trial I went to was good cause it had those Krabens and Succubuses and Green Feruses, and it just felt challenging without it being overly so (people even complained it was a challenging ToH).??I came out with only 75 points so I got around whatever the new average score is that you are trying to make the trials get to.

About ToH not being mage friendly at all, its slightly true, but a good mage class player can do well at the same time. We just don't coast through it like other classes is all =/

[Image: OHeya.gif]

*Aaronock ~ *Ezekiel Stalker ~ *Maxwell Maximillion ~ *Fazil Reis ~ *Cecil Vega
(This post was last modified: 02-14-2009 04:20 PM by Aaronock.)
02-14-2009 04:19 PM
azurerogue Offline
One Dogma: THROW AD!

Harder monsters would be fine with me. Last ToH I actually made it to I brought a level 95 Hunter (a very good PvM class, admitedly) wearing only +4 gears that fall into the Archer Set, no second accessory, and a +5 Hunter Bow[1] with a Cruiser Card in it. I brought various arrows, and some mastela fruits (which I never used). I totally forgot to bring SP healing items because I was preparing the character at 3 AM before going to sleep. I also brought traps.

Without even really trying (only used Double Strafe a few times) I earned 50 points on Monster and like 40-45 on Item. It shouldn't be that easy. Now, no matter what you do, Hunter/Snipers will probably (in general) perform fairly well on Monster Trial, so maybe this is a bad example. All I know is that, even with the current monster choices, Monster Trial sucks for Sage/Professor - if only because most high end monsters (5th round choices) have high MDef to make them not get totally owned by Amp SG (which they still usually do anyways). It's not so much that the Professor can't survive, it's that high MDef generally owns bolters (though, with siroma and imp cards, it might be a little bit more reasonable now).

I dunno, just my opinion. I'd be fine with harder monsters.

- Albus Dumbledore 99/70 Professor - Albus DumbIedore 92/59 Professor
- AIbus Dumbledore 93/50 Wizard - AIbus DumbIedore 1/1 Novice
- Astaroth 99/70 Creator - Dawkins 99/70 Creator
- Exemplar 98/69 Paladin - Equitas 80/47 Paladin
- Mephistopheles 95/65 Lord Knight - Shogo Kawada 97/67 Stalker
02-14-2009 04:21 PM
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

Staff of piercing is a must carry to ToH/PvP if you even want to stand a chance these days. I would NEVER take a regular sage to ToH =/

[Image: OHeya.gif]

*Aaronock ~ *Ezekiel Stalker ~ *Maxwell Maximillion ~ *Fazil Reis ~ *Cecil Vega
02-14-2009 04:28 PM
azurerogue Offline
One Dogma: THROW AD!

Meh, I got 75 points as a Sage the one time I did ToH before I transed. It really wasn't that bad. But that might have been the time Loki hosted and all the monsters were REALLY easy, can't remember. And yes, SoP is required, but even back before it was out, things still had high MDef.

- Albus Dumbledore 99/70 Professor - Albus DumbIedore 92/59 Professor
- AIbus Dumbledore 93/50 Wizard - AIbus DumbIedore 1/1 Novice
- Astaroth 99/70 Creator - Dawkins 99/70 Creator
- Exemplar 98/69 Paladin - Equitas 80/47 Paladin
- Mephistopheles 95/65 Lord Knight - Shogo Kawada 97/67 Stalker
02-14-2009 04:39 PM
Shinigami l0_0l Offline
Lost in Time

well~~
ToH in january is my first time.
i use a Gunner around 8x

all of the monster in monster trial is good enough.
and please~~
don't give any monster that could drop any equipment
i got a mink coat[1] and a fire whip in monster trial
and it made me overw8 till 90+%
am i lucky or unlucky to get that equip on ToH??

but for item gathering~~
it's a bit hard to kill turtle general when u don't have a magic attack skill
02-15-2009 11:12 AM
Fruityla Offline
Miss Ranty Pants

RE:??ToH Monster: Feedback?

Shinigami l0_0l Wrote:well~~
ToH in january is my first time.
i use a Gunner around 8x

all of the monster in monster trial is good enough.
and please~~
don't give any monster that could drop any equipment
i got a mink coat[1] and a fire whip in monster trial
and it made me overw8 till 90+%
am i lucky or unlucky to get that equip on ToH??

but for item gathering~~
it's a bit hard to kill turtle general when u don't have a magic attack skill

If you need to, sell any loot you don't want/need to the NPC in the middle of the monster trial area =3 Then you wont be at 90% weight

I don't use @main. Do not ask for me there

~Characters~
"Lady" Linnea: 99/69 Spirit
Champion

Aslinn: 9x/6x High Wizard
Jocelinn: Low-level dagger stalker
Lemon Poring: 9x/50 Brewer
Alchemist
02-15-2009 07:26 PM
Sepharius Offline
:3

RE:??ToH Monster: Feedback?

GM-Ayu Wrote:So far, as a "check" to see if ToH difficulty is appropriate. I have a lv 85 knight as test using +5 gears with a hodremlin card to represent all shields to certain degree, and test that way. I aim for only 30-35/50 as "fair" for monster trial. 50 shouldn't be the norm. 50 in monster trial should be for the 'exceptional.'

I got 15 points in the monster trial. I guess I didn't do too well. Cry

[Image: chibiscorp.jpg]
Want Third class sprites? Click here!
02-15-2009 07:31 PM
Spire Offline

Needs more Byrogue's That is all.

VaIor: Paladin 9x/6x, Valor: High Priest 99/70, Valor's Chemist: Creator 9x/6x, Weaver: Clown 99/70, Blank: Stalker 9x/6x, Spire: Sniper 9x/6x
Current project: Farming zeny to buy stuff to put my cards in! Whistle

I am a proud member of The 'Wine Brewing Society'. If you are interested in joining, look for a representative in aldebaran. Or make a post in our guilds forum thread!
02-15-2009 09:59 PM