Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 3.67 Average
Server news
GM-Ben
Unregistered

Server news

Today is the official launch date for our server. After much efforts made by our GM-Team, the server finally reached a state where it is ready to be launched. Be certain that there is still much to come but the most important setting are already in place. We focused our energy on creating an experience where no classes would be put in any advantage over the others. We will also keep a close eye on the WoE. We want them to be enjoyable.

The start-up GM-Team is made up for 7 people who have played RO for around two years. We have been able to carry our (previous) guild through 5 different servers which vary greatly in sizes (average of 30 players to 1500 players). After seeing them die, we decided that we can not do much worse (do not worry, we make periodic backup and our game server is located at a different location than our web server. That should ease the process of creating those back up. Icon_wink

Anyway, I have already talked too much. We hope you are going to enjoy your time passed on this server. If there is anything, such as suggestions/ comments/ complaints, you can be sure that there will be at LEAST one GM who will listen to you.
01-05-2006 12:43 PM
Quote this message in a reply
GM-Ben
Unregistered

Server maintenance: Sat, 22 Oct 2005

There will be a server maintenance on Sat, 22 Oct 2005 from 9:00AM to 6:00PM. This is the maximum time it should take. Server might be up longer than 9:00AM but the service can be cut at any time following this hour.
The server will be up following 6:00PM for sure. The downtime should not be long, it will just happen any time between these hours.
For more informations, please visit the Forum.
01-05-2006 12:43 PM
GM-Ben
Unregistered

Server Maintenance in progress

The server will be down today to upgrade the server's connection. Keep an eye on this page or the forum for any update. For more informations, please visit the forum.
01-05-2006 09:55 PM
GM-Ben
Unregistered

Server maintenance completed

The server is back online! Enjoy!
01-05-2006 09:57 PM
GM-Ben
Unregistered

Scary Prontera, Halloween Festival

The patch number 101 is being distributed since late Oct 21st. It replaces the original Prontera map by a custom rendition of a modified map. We all hope you enjoy this new setting and we look forward to any suggestion you may have to enforce the gruesome feeling we tried to cook up for you. Since then, we hope you get to meet the brain-hungry zombies that have decided to move in the neighborhood.
01-05-2006 09:58 PM
GM-Ben
Unregistered

Hero loading screen contest

The First Loading Screen contest is nearing end and will last until December 1st. You might want to get all the gritty details in the forum thread containing all the contest rules, details and examples.

Good luck to all contestants!
01-05-2006 09:59 PM
GM-Ben
Unregistered

heRO Ubuntu Linux server UP!

The heRO staff gathered this weekend to migrate the server from the buggy Windows version to the stable Linux version. No need to say the transition was a complete success and for the transfer log, please refer to the General section of the forum.
01-05-2006 10:00 PM
GM-Ben
Unregistered

Winter is upon us!

It looks like there was a big snow fall yesterday as Prontera and the area around is covered with snow! Villagers finally found their inner festive feelings and decorated the whole scene so you can have that "nearly in the holidays" feel too! Enjoy the visit of the Santa Porings too!
01-05-2006 10:01 PM
GM-Ben
Unregistered

News are now linked to the forum

For those that havent noticed, news on the main page and soon to be in the patcher will be linked to this thread in the forum. I had to add the news manually in the forum therefore all dates and usernames are screwed, im sorry about this. This change will allow us to post news more frequently and more easily in the future.

For your information (I might be posting this a bit too soon, but having a little pressure will help evolve it faster ) I am currently working on a "roempire-like" database for monsters, spawns and items but which will be directly based on our databases. It will not come before at least a few weeks as I am working on other stuff as well and University just started but I wanted to let you know.

Ben
01-05-2006 10:30 PM
GM-Ben
Unregistered

This morning update

For those online we had to make a quick restart to make some changes.

Namely:
  • adjust server time (we also automated the synchronisation with an ntp server so it should not lose its time ever again).
  • Remove Santa Poring from prontera (Christmas is over)
  • Remove daily WoE

I hope you all enjoyed the daily WoEs.

Ben
01-08-2006 01:03 PM