Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
AI Issues
Frogboy Offline
Posting Freak

RE: AI Issues

hmmm...post your config for your heRO AI so we can take a look at it and maybe figure something out.
03-10-2009 07:53 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
azurerogue Offline
One Dogma: THROW AD!

As far as I'm aware, there were several bugs with trying to use the disabling of a skill completely. Not sure if it was ever resolved though (bug with MirAI, not just heRO).

- Albus Dumbledore 99/70 Professor - Albus DumbIedore 92/59 Professor
- AIbus Dumbledore 93/50 Wizard - AIbus DumbIedore 1/1 Novice
- Astaroth 99/70 Creator - Dawkins 99/70 Creator
- Exemplar 98/69 Paladin - Equitas 80/47 Paladin
- Mephistopheles 95/65 Lord Knight - Shogo Kawada 97/67 Stalker
03-10-2009 08:15 PM
GM-Aki Offline
Posting Freak

Wow nice guide and nice explanations Icon_smile

Make sure that when you save the config, you relog and then type /hoai

The Cake is a Lie

heRO Wiki | Support Ticket | Vote for HeRO | Review heRO
03-10-2009 09:35 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
KohakuSan Offline
<3 Hill Lions!

You don't need to type /hoai everytime you login.
03-10-2009 09:57 PM
Iced Blue Away
The Original Crystal Light

[Image: config.jpg]
[Image: config2.jpg]
[Image: config3.jpg]

My settings so far, and the issues.

1. These are the current settings Im using in payon. He's still attacking every monster, and using his skills for each one.

2. I went to the coal mine to test this out. He still attacked every monster even tho he's set to Cautious, so should be ignoring the martins and only attacking familars when he's been hit.

3. Still attacks moving monsters. Dont know if he'll go after someones monster. I didnt want to risk him ksing so I turned off the ai when I ran into someone.

4. All the skills are set to Off...

5. The one thing that does work is him following me, even if he's attacking. But he still patrols when his hp/sp is full. Its set to off.

@Azure Is that for the main skill or the monster settings?

@Aki Ive been relogging the client for every change I do. Going from basic to the custom setting, and for each monster I add.
I have this problem on my PC(windows xp)with Mir even tho its the same AI I used on iro(reinstalled, but the settings are the same). The AI im using on my laptop(vista) is the Hero AI since Mir wasnt working.

Ive no idea why its not working.
03-10-2009 09:58 PM
PopPop Offline

I have this same problem, I don't know why but it seems as though the control panel (config.exe) doesn't really modify the AI. I'm pretty sure this is the problem.

Check to see if your "Tact list" (config.lua) actually contains the monsters you've added via the Control panel (config.exe). When I added monsters in the control panel, they did not show up in the script. Meaning the control panel doesn't seem to work. Correct me if I'm wrong. If this isn't the case then the rest of my post doesn't really help. hahaha

I try to edit the config.lua manually but it doesn't seem to let me save my edits, this maybe why the control panel isn't editing the script. So I just move the config.lua out of the ai folder and onto your desktop where you can manually edit it yourself.

Adding monsters onto the tact list manually isn't too difficult, because as your read the script there are a lot of pre-scriped examples to copy from. I think you can also control how many skills it uses too, if your not a scripting genius you might just have to fiddle around a bit.

I see we both have vista, maybe the crappy administrator crap is screwing things up, lol. Hope you get your little homun working.

IGN: Pop Pop | Creator | 94/xx | Death Dealer (for life)
IGN: Trichromatic | Professor | 85/5x | STD

rdj
[Image: AndysRobertDownyJrSignature1.png]
(This post was last modified: 03-11-2009 07:47 AM by PopPop.)
03-11-2009 04:03 AM
azurerogue Offline

Oh, right! I totally forgot about that solution. If you're running Vista it's most likely Admin restriction issues. There are two potential solutions. The one I used involves not installing heRO in your Program Files folder (mine is just C:\Gravity\RO as opposed to C:\Program Files\Gravity\RO) - Vista hates modifying things in the Program Files for some reason. The other solution that I can think of (which I haven't tried) is to right click the config.exe and select the "Run as Administrator" options (I don't know if this will actually make it work or not - if possible I'd suggest putting heRO in your C Drive directly).

Also, to answer you Iced, I don't know. It's just what I read on iROWiki a while back - and it was a bug with turning the skill off in general (but it may have been fixed since the thread's posting). I think it's much more likely that Vista is causing your problems - sorry I didn't think of it sooner (also, I hope you're running Vista - first time I've ever said that!).

03-11-2009 07:40 AM
Iced Blue Away
The Original Crystal Light

Thank you all for your help! I think we got it working.

I opened the Config.exe as the Administrator and ended up opening a config that had none of my settings.. So I opened it again by just clicking on it and got the one I posted pictures of. So I adjusted it thru the Admin and logged on Hero.

And BOOM my Amistr listens to me :3

So We figured out that Vista is the problem for my laptop. I hope this helps out a few others with their issues with the AI not working.
03-11-2009 10:06 AM
azurerogue Offline

Yay! Glad to hear it's working Icon_biggrin

03-11-2009 10:23 AM
GM-Aki Offline
Posting Freak

Thats great news! Thanks Albus for that Vista Flash. Will write that in my mental file of help homun problems. Icon_smile

The Cake is a Lie

heRO Wiki | Support Ticket | Vote for HeRO | Review heRO
03-11-2009 06:05 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply