Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Quest Exp Rate
Sepharius Offline
:3

RE: Quest Exp Rate

So in other words, if the GMs implement this, people will know how to Enter spam better than they know how to play their class. While it does mean easier noobs to pawn in PvP (not that I go there... ever), it could also be a double edged sword in that players that don't know how to play their class could quite frankly slow down/impair the guild/party that they belong to.

Icon_neutral

[Image: chibiscorp.jpg]
Want Third class sprites? Click here!
03-11-2009 08:15 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Neuneck Offline
Back on the road!

Well... still if those quests get you from lv 70 to 95 you're still not HALF at lv 99...
Also, J J J, remember, that the whole missing sibling quest arc cannot be done in hero, because well.. the missing sibling is missing.

This server has 5/5 rates on xp to make leveling easier than it was planned by the creators or the game. I don't see why giving a bigger reward for killing monsters would be consistent with giving bigger rewards for caring for the actual story in this wide world.

Also, most of the quests just suck for the xp they give right now. Rachel sanct is one of the shorter quests, yet, when you do it on lv 97 you'll get around 1.5% xp... Increasing this would make the quest worth about 7.5% on lv 97 non-trans (and around 1.8% on lv 98 nontrans, and even only 0.6% on lv 98 trans).
Of course you can level easily past lower lvls when you do quests. But i would really prefer to actualy get a level from a quest i do, instead of getting less xp than i could have gotten if i spend the time grinding in moscovia...

Mr Moe - 99/69 SinX
Mr Satch - 9x/6x Clown
Mr Power - Xx/Xx Whitesmith
Mr Strafe - 9x/50 Hunter - Coffee Break
Mr Heal - 9x/50 Priest
03-11-2009 08:31 PM
GM-Aki Offline
Posting Freak

Ok, please continue this, its interesting ^_^

The Cake is a Lie

heRO Wiki | Support Ticket | Vote for HeRO | Review heRO
03-11-2009 08:42 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Sepharius Offline
:3

RE:??Quest Exp Rate

Neuneck Wrote:Well... still if those quests get you from lv 70 to 95 you're still not HALF at lv 99...

So that means that all the exp from 70->95 isn't even half of whats needed to get to 99, right? Just curious.

Neuneck Wrote:This server has 5/5 rates on xp to make leveling easier than it was planned by the creators or the game. I don't see why giving a bigger reward for killing monsters would be consistent with giving bigger rewards for caring for the actual story in this wide world.

Well, some people like to delve into the story and lore of the world they play in, like me for instance. Icon_razz I like quests, but if they get too lengthy I'd just prefer not to do them in the first place, heh. But then I suppose that the exp matter isn't really related to peoples' interest in the story...

Neuneck Wrote:Also, most of the quests just suck for the xp they give right now. Rachel sanct is one of the shorter quests, yet, when you do it on lv 97 you'll get around 1.5% xp... Increasing this would make the quest worth about 7.5% on lv 97 non-trans (and around 1.8% on lv 98 nontrans, and even only 0.6% on lv 98 trans).

Would suck then if they did the quest pretrans, eh? Laugh

Neuneck Wrote:Of course you can level easily past lower lvls when you do quests. But i would really prefer to actualy get a level from a quest i do, instead of getting less xp than i could have gotten if i spend the time grinding in moscovia...

The "leveling past low levels" brings me back to my issue, with the people not being able to play their classes (effectively). While a level a quest does sound good... I don't really see how that would make sense.

Sorry if I sound stupid or something... something seems to be hindering my thought processing. x_x

[Image: chibiscorp.jpg]
Want Third class sprites? Click here!
03-11-2009 09:23 PM
Bloodbane Away
¤†Hero of old times†¤

Um about the whole exp Issue:

Thats where the lvl cap Comes in Yo.

Never forget the old days.
[Image: screenheRO-Server124-1.jpg]

-~Proud husband, father, and the luckiest guy in the world.~-

Steam Profile
Youtube
03-11-2009 10:17 PM
teOx Offline
cry IMBA pls

this has been brought up alot iirc. maybe they just dont know how to fix it.
03-11-2009 11:19 PM
JJJ Offline
JJJ

RE:??Quest Exp Rate

Neuneck Wrote:Well... still if those quests get you from lv 70 to 95 you're still not HALF at lv 99...
lol, thats not saying if you do all those quests at from levels 70 - 95
thats saying that you do all the ones that already give a set solid amount of exp until your about level 70 then you do the ones that give slightly varying amounts of exp

Neuneck Wrote:Also, J J J, remember, that the whole missing sibling quest arc cannot be done in hero, because well.. the missing sibling is missing.
uhhh? ... i managed to do the quest.... ^^;;;

Neuneck Wrote:This server has 5/5 rates on xp to make leveling easier than it was planned by the creators or the game. I don't see why giving a bigger reward for killing monsters would be consistent with giving bigger rewards for caring for the actual story in this wide world.
because theres a difference from knowing how to buy items and spam the enter key, and knowing how to kill things

i personally am against raised rates higher then 1x my self to be honest, but with quests all you have to do is pull up a guide, follow it to the T and then bam your a high level without having to kill anything
(and this does work, i've done it on novices before and then sold the novice for a large profit because i didn't have to use a single stat point)

Neuneck Wrote:Also, most of the quests just suck for the xp they give right now. Rachel sanct is one of the shorter quests, yet, when you do it on lv 97 you'll get around 1.5% xp... Increasing this would make the quest worth about 7.5% on lv 97 non-trans (and around 1.8% on lv 98 nontrans, and even only 0.6% on lv 98 trans).
you realize for a level 98 thats considered an extremely large amount of exp for pure solo work

RO designed level 98 to have it so that getting 0.02% per kill was considered good exp, a lot of people that couldn't find parties and had to solo sometimes got around 0.007% per kill
my point being that at level 98 unless you have a massive party, and are killing mvp's or high level monsters getting less then 0.1% exp per kill is normal
(lol this reminds me that i came from a time where people went to 99 killing monsters that gave 0.004% as the norm....)

do note though, those numbers are designed for the 1/1/1 rates

Neuneck Wrote:Of course you can level easily past lower lvls when you do quests. But i would really prefer to actualy get a level from a quest i do, instead of getting less xp than i could have gotten if i spend the time grinding in moscovia...
eye of hellion takes me about 15+ minutes tops for 1 mill exp
doctors quest about 2 minutes for 10k exp
friendship quest about 7 minutes (its a lot less with a warper) for 800k exp
and the lovers quest takes about 6 minutes for 60k exp

and thats around 30 minutes time, and within that time i managed to get 1 870 000 base exp points

currently this is how it works
now since everyone loves anubis, 1 anubis gives about 140 000 base exp per, so to match 1.9 mill base exp i'd have to kill about 13 or so anubis within 30 minutes

now if you increase the quest exp
that means that my 1 870 000 base exp made in that half an hour is now 9 350 000 base exp, or around 65 anubis' that would have to be killed in half an hour to match the rate at which i could gather that exp

[Image: SignatureVersion22.png][Image: Liffinished-1-1.png]
I Love To Help So If You Ever Need Something Feel Free To PM Me ^_^
03-12-2009 01:05 AM
Frogboy Offline
Posting Freak

J J J, just because you can do the quests in under an hour doesn't mean that everyone can do those quests that quickly. not everyone has that kind of ability to remember everything. heck even with my knowledge of the rachel sanct and lost child quests, it still takes me about half an hour for that one/two quest(s) alone.

granted that's still pretty quick, but honestly i still think it'd take people a good deal of time to finish the quests, and then again, there's the "issue" of non-trans leveling. in all reality it's not hard to do, it just gets boring to grind so we try to focus our efforts in to questing. if they were smarter, they'd save the questing for trans leveling, though sometimes it requires completing certain quests to get to their "leveling spot" that'll shoot them up to where they need to be. examples are rachel sanct, and amatsu, and ayothaya.

as far as the issue of whether they'll be good players of their classes or not, that'll depend more on how much the guild they are in helps them get their gears. if they don't help and make the guild farm the gears, then they have to learn to use what skills they have available to get those gears to make them better, otherwise if the guild just gives them everything, they might as well just play that character instead. guild help in the early stages is not a bad thing, it promotes unity of the guild, and friendliness and welcomeness (not really a word but hey you get the idea) but giving them all their gear, and most end gear will not help the player out at all.

anyway, i know i haven't really addressed all the issues, but that's what i can see so far.
03-12-2009 01:52 AM
Slate Offline
Cue-ball Warrior

I'm for the raised quest exp idea. The player skill argument, I think, is fairly null. Most people get past higher levels through tedious soloing rather than through means that take any significant amount of skill. That's not making them any better at partying or PvP or whatever they're striving to be good at. Levelling and training yourself at the game are two entirely different processes which most people (myself included) are more than willing to handle seperately. For me, soloing is for levels, partying is for fun. Add to that the fact that quests can have the player facing powerful enemies, even force those involved to participate as part of a party. Quests could actually be better for increasing play skill.

Compared with grinding, quests, if the exp on them is raised, would be quite a bit faster. For me, that doesn't constitute a problem. The 'challenge' of reaching high levels is an arbitrary one. People level through tedium. The only palpable reward you get out of that is the sigh of relief when you're finally done. Quests on the other hand are considerably more involved. You participate in a story, helping some NPCs with whatever it is that's bothering them. The action isn't the same mindless, repetitive grinding that you've been living off of to get to where you are, but rather talking to NPCs, collecting items, exploring new areas for clues. Quests are fun.

As it is now, many people forego quests. They're more comfortable sticking with the levelling spot that they know so well, following the same rinse-and-repeat pattern they've been using, because they know it works. What happens if quest exp is increased? More incentive to go and do those quests. People get a refreshing break from grinding, and a reward that really makes them appreciate what they've done. Suddenly people aren't thinking of levelling in terms of popos>wolves>mavkas; it becomes a much more involved process, split between grinding and completing quests. The tedium is vastly reduced.

It's also worth pointing out that increasing quest exp is not at all the same as decreasing monster exp. For those that simply dislike questing, grinding remains just as valid a method as it always has been. In fact, grinders have less to complain about: if more people rely on quests, traffic at the popular grinding spots is reduced, leaving grinders with more space to work with and less accidental KS incidents.

Quests are a great way to escape the shackles of grinding for a while, a breath of fresh air when people need a break. Increasing the exp rate quests offer would be an added incentive to do something fun, and best of all, it doesn't hurt the people that still choose not to do them. I honestly don't see any downsides.

[Image: 33918807.png]
Fortune Favors the Bald

Slate: 9x/6x Lord Knight
Basalt: 9x/50 Sage
Glass: 9x/50 Bard
03-12-2009 02:57 AM
Général_Argos Offline
Removed by GM

Remember that you can only do quests once.

And seriously, who cares of people who 99 on 1/1/1 on 0.0004% mobs? All bots.

IGN: 9000KRIM Alts:  Morradin, KRIMSTEAL
Banned: Krimlin, Krimlogas, Lord_Krimlogas, General_Argos
Krim's grocery list

¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_-KRIMLIN-¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯/
Murphy law.  The only true one.  
[Image: krimstyleg.jpg]
03-12-2009 11:55 AM