Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Quest Exp Rate
Loth Offline

RE: ??Quest Exp Rate

Sepharius Wrote:So that means that all the exp from 70->95 isn't even half of whats needed to get to 99, right? Just curious.

From 70->95: 154 211 097

From 95->99: 242 479 999

(from rms, non-trans base exp)

It's little more than half the exp, but i think he haven't calculated it. Icon_wink

Well, quests can be done once, so the "problem" of getting high level in short time happens only once and then a person still need to exp normally.
03-12-2009 12:02 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Fruityla Offline
Miss Ranty Pants

RE: Quest Exp Rate

After reading all the responses, I'ma give my opinion.

While some people may worry that people will know how to enter spam better then they can play their class, guess what? Grinding on certain types of monsters does that too >_> I point to Anubis and Priests as my prime example. Also, a lot of quests give better exp at 90+ than they do at like...70-80ish. I think most people will want to quest at 90+ anyway since that's when grinding becomes hellish.

You should know how to play your class at 90+ anyway o_o;

While yes, that would be a sickening amount of exp, Krim's right XD You can only do it once. Unless heRO decides to be stupid like iRO and introduce repeatable quests, this should be fine. Don't be stupid heRO D: *Waves Ugly Hammer threateningly*

I don't use @main. Do not ask for me there

~Characters~
"Lady" Linnea: 99/69 Spirit
Champion

Aslinn: 9x/6x High Wizard
Jocelinn: Low-level dagger stalker
Lemon Poring: 9x/50 Brewer
Alchemist
03-12-2009 01:05 PM
GM-Aki Offline
Posting Freak

RE:??Quest Exp Rate

Fruityla Wrote:*Waves Ugly Hammer threateningly*

Ruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuns away from the hammer!

Seriously everyone, there has been previous discussion about this before, it wasn't changed. I'm open to hearing opinions but major changes like that will come from all the GM's and Pandora as owner has final say. I wouldn't expect a change tomorrow so don't hold your breath please, we like our players alive Ok

The Cake is a Lie

heRO Wiki | Support Ticket | Vote for HeRO | Review heRO
03-12-2009 02:03 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
JJJ Offline
JJJ

Frogboy Wrote:J J J, just because you can do the quests in under an hour doesn't mean that everyone can do those quests that quickly. not everyone has that kind of ability to remember everything. heck even with my knowledge of the rachel sanct and lost child quests, it still takes me about half an hour for that one/two quest(s) alone.
thats not my point, my point is you don't have to know anything about the quest, or remember anything, because there are guides that you can follow to the T to get all that exp

Slate Wrote:Quests could actually be better for increasing play skill.
one of my main arguments is that spamming the enter key does not give "skill"

Slate Wrote:Quests on the other hand are considerably more involved. You participate in a story, helping some NPCs with whatever it is that's bothering them. The action isn't the same mindless, repetitive grinding that you've been living off of to get to where you are, but rather talking to NPCs, collecting items, exploring new areas for clues. Quests are fun.
i've polled this before, and only about 1 in 50 people do quests for the story line, the rest do them for exp or for the item reward??and the other reason was because they had to

Slate Wrote:As it is now, many people forego quests. They're more comfortable sticking with the levelling spot that they know so well, following the same rinse-and-repeat pattern they've been using, because they know it works. What happens if quest exp is increased? More incentive to go and do those quests.
most people would still forego the quests, those that do them now will either be doing them out of necessity ie dungeon questions, or because they actually like quests

Slate Wrote:People get a refreshing break from grinding, and a reward that really makes them appreciate what they've done.
thats actually a WoW concept, and the only reason it works there is because there's an extremely large, and well know of amount of quests which you pretty much run into every 3 seconds

Slate Wrote:It's also worth pointing out that increasing quest exp is not at all the same as decreasing monster exp. For those that simply dislike questing, grinding remains just as valid a method as it always has been. In fact, grinders have less to complain about: if more people rely on quests, traffic at the popular grinding spots is reduced, leaving grinders with more space to work with and less accidental KS incidents.
/swt you kidding? people that grid all the way will, and do have the right to whine and say "they leveled by clicking on a npc and spamming enter, they don't deserve those levels" and guess what, people say that about mining too "they just clicked on the mining spot and spammed enter, they don't deserve that money"

Slate Wrote:Quests are a great way to escape the shackles of grinding for a while, a breath of fresh air when people need a break. Increasing the exp rate quests offer would be an added incentive to do something fun, and best of all, it doesn't hurt the people that still choose not to do them.
if people want a break they'll do the quest anyway, but because theres such a limited amount of quests in RO it doesn't really apply to many people

Slate Wrote:I honestly don't see any downsides.
exp by clicking on npcs............
market goes screwy, because quest items go way up in price.....
people that no longer understand how to actually play.......
you have a iRO valk situation where everyone spends all day next to quest npcs....

G?n?ral_Argos Wrote:Remember that you can only do quests once.??
and you only go to 99 twice

[Image: SignatureVersion22.png][Image: Liffinished-1-1.png]
I Love To Help So If You Ever Need Something Feel Free To PM Me ^_^
03-12-2009 06:54 PM
Frogboy Offline
Posting Freak

J J J Wrote:if people want a break they'll do the quest anyway, but because theres such a limited amount of quests in RO it doesn't really apply to many people

Exactly the point, there isn't a lot of exp quests in RO, therefore raising the exp given by those quests is a viable compensation for the lack of quests. Granted you can bring up that RO isn't meant to be a quest-oriented game, but it doesn't exactly matter how you get to level 99 trans because your ability to play your class is going to show, whether it's in parties, WoE, PvP, etc.
J J J Wrote:
Slate Wrote:I honestly don't see any downsides.

exp by clicking on npcs............
market goes screwy, because quest items go way up in price.....
people that no longer understand how to actually play.......
you have a iRO valk situation where everyone spends all day next to quest npcs....

exp by clicking on npcs is not really a downside at all, it's an alternative to killing monsters which are pretty much like clicking on npcs anyway, if you do it right that is.

actually the market going screwy isn't exactly a downside either, markets fluctuate all the time, so the price increasing isn't exactly bad at all.

people will still need to know how to play in order to compete, because not everyone will use the quest exp to level, therefore you will need to have a level of skill, so that point is pretty moot.

the only way you're going to have an iRO valk issue is if you introduce repeatable exp quests, which right now there aren't exactly that many of those, and if you do put those in, you can always lower the exp for those quests. besides, going back to my previous point, even if you get to 99 trans by doing repeatable quests then you still have to know how to play your character.
03-12-2009 07:32 PM
KohakuSan Offline
<3 Hill Lions!

Frogboy Wrote:besides, going back to my previous point, even if you get to 99 trans by doing repeatable quests then you still have to know how to play your character.

*Makes 10 99/70 creators and a 99/70 whitesmith then starts to sell ranked stuff*
03-12-2009 08:19 PM
Général_Argos Offline
Removed by GM

RE: ??Quest Exp Rate

JJJ Wrote:
G?n?ral_Argos Wrote:Remember that you can only do quests once.??

You already did all the xp quest on hero for your chars, didn't you? ;D

I guess some sort of reverse xp for those who already did them would be fair if we get increased rates on quests.

IGN: 9000KRIM Alts:  Morradin, KRIMSTEAL
Banned: Krimlin, Krimlogas, Lord_Krimlogas, General_Argos
Krim's grocery list

¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_-KRIMLIN-¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯/
Murphy law.  The only true one.  
[Image: krimstyleg.jpg]
03-12-2009 08:40 PM
Ellie Offline
Bittersweet

1. I wasn't aware every quest was just NPC click and enter spam.
Last time I checked, Eye of Hellion took you to the Geffen 4 map.
Complete with monsters.
And multiple MvPs.

2. How is grinding also not pointing and clicking? Many people level at HWs, which for most, is a point and click.
Archers with DS or FA, Merchants with Mammomite, Sins with GT.
On that note, some classes can level without even clicking. Hi2u, alchemists with homuns.

3. Enter key has as much skill as Priests at Anubis, or bard/dancer going to HWs. XD

4. There are also leveling guides. And plenty of them.

Inasad
stop doing dickers
03-13-2009 12:00 AM
Sepharius Offline
:3

Ellie Wrote:
3. Enter key has as much skill as Priests at Anubis, or bard/dancer going to HWs. XD

:<

Cry

[Image: chibiscorp.jpg]
Want Third class sprites? Click here!
03-13-2009 12:07 AM
Ellie Offline
Bittersweet

It's true. XD

TU. TU. TU.

Or like bards/dancers, DS. DS. DS.

Doesn't teach them a thing about their support skills.

Mind you, dancers dun use them unless they WoE, or get to gypsy, usually.. <<

Inasad
stop doing dickers
03-13-2009 12:52 AM