• 0 Votes - 0 Average
Quest Exp Rate
Sepharius Offline
:3

RE:??Quest Exp Rate

Ellie Wrote:It's true. XD

TU. TU. TU.

Or like bards/dancers, DS. DS. DS.

Doesn't teach them a thing about their support skills.

Mind you, dancers dun use them unless they WoE, or get to gypsy, usually.. <<

Well, I learn by myself, though the problem I seem to be seeing with my hotkeys is:

1. Pneuma's hotkey is waaaaaaaaaay over there in slot #7.

2. I keep mixing up Recovery/Cure.

x_x

I've yet to test my actual priesting in a party, so I'm not really confident in my skills. Gah! Getting off topic. Sorry about that. >.<

[Image: chibiscorp.jpg]
Want Third class sprites? Click here!
(This post was last modified: 03-13-2009 01:27 AM by Sepharius.)
03-13-2009 01:27 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Kirby_Z Offline
The Kirbster

RE: Quest Exp Rate

Or take the example of this Falconer Hunter which seldom use any skill at all and just point and click till the mob is dead by my awesome "Birdy Poo Attack" but that doesn't mean I have no idea how to use my Hunter.

Proud Member Of The Nya Nya Crew
[Image: nyanya.jpg][Image: 51000806.png]
Nya Nya Crew - ¥†‡ Hero's #1 Social Non Woe Guild ‡†¥
03-13-2009 10:41 AM
Force-Attuned Krogoth Offline
Jack of All Trades

Quests won't stop the people who want to learn the job from doing so. And grinding won't stop the people who want to slide by from doing that, either. I consider this a wholly moot issue that won't make a significant difference.

I would like to see quest exp rate matching base/job, but whatever happens people will keep doing what they're doing.

Kroggles ensures the living stay living, and the dead stay dead.
Clobberella beats you up.
Teela Brown has a birdie!
Flosshilde communes with the very souls of the damned.
Walsung is actually pretty cool. For a guy made of metal.
03-13-2009 12:01 PM
Bloodbane Away
¤†Hero of old times†¤

Hmmm... I didnt think this topic would go that far ^___^;;;;

Never forget the old days.
[Image: screenheRO-Server124-1.jpg]

-~Proud husband, father, and the luckiest guy in the world.~-

Steam Profile
Youtube
03-13-2009 01:22 PM
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

Force-Attuned Krogoth Wrote:Quests won't stop the people who want to learn the job from doing so.??And grinding won't stop the people who want to slide by from doing that, either.??I consider this a wholly moot issue that won't make a significant difference.

I would like to see quest exp rate matching base/job, but whatever happens people will keep doing what they're doing.

THIS sums up my feelings pretty well :O

[Image: OHeya.gif]

*Aaronock ~ *Ezekiel Stalker ~ *Maxwell Maximillion ~ *Fazil Reis ~ *Cecil Vega
03-13-2009 02:03 PM
Herman Offline
Tank of your Dreams

aaron, go study for your class! RAWR!

I also agree that quests should be increased to 5x like monster rates. So... you can get from 75-85/90 easy with quests?... you can get from 78-85/90 easy grinding too, xp is super easy at those lvl's. Its not an issue of the quest at that point, but how much xp it takes to gain a lvl, which is something i think no one will argue with =p.

So yeah, i dont see 5x quest rates being an issue here.. nothings going to break because of it. Its not like we're allowing repeatable xp quests.

retired except for..

the Herman Zeny Sink event of 2011.. 3.5b drained and
counting..
03-13-2009 02:31 PM
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

I was actually doing work on my computer, my class hasn't started yet for Senior Project, I start Monday.

[Image: OHeya.gif]

*Aaronock ~ *Ezekiel Stalker ~ *Maxwell Maximillion ~ *Fazil Reis ~ *Cecil Vega
03-13-2009 02:41 PM
Kretzer Offline
Fat-Ality

Aaronock Wrote:I was actually doing work on my computer, my class hasn't started yet for Senior Project, I start Monday.??

Wooooo, we got Dani for 3 more Days Icon_smile

And on topic: I wholeheartedly Agree with Krogoth.

Giving more Exp by means of quest and by so, reducing the amount of time we have to Grind is not game breaking at all, its a relief. And people who DO Suck will continue to Suck until they put some effort into learning their characters past the ussual grinding spot and jamming their main skill (Im looking at YOU, TU and DS).

Sad thing is, i already did all the quests on my LK. Icon_sad
(This post was last modified: 03-13-2009 03:25 PM by Kretzer.)
03-13-2009 03:24 PM
azurerogue Offline
One Dogma: THROW AD!

Kretzer Wrote:And people who DO Suck will continue to Suck until they put some effort into learning their characters past the ussual grinding spot and jamming their main skill (Im looking at YOU, TU and DS).

DS/TU spam doesn't automatically = sucky player - can we please drop that assumption? In fact, some of the best players (although bad ones too) will level this way simply because it is optimal. What would you rather do when you first join and aren't a part of a guild/party group: go Full Support and pray to find a party (and if you don't, spend your time heal bombing to 99), or go TU (and still be able to adequately support most parties) and level crazy fast. Or, for DS, would you rather go full support or actually be able to level when a party can't be found?

Point is, stop assuming that people who level fast are noobs, it's usually the opposite. We have a reset NPC, it's not like TUing to 99 means never switching to Full Support. And the learning curve for MOST classes (especially your average bragi bard and non-end-game priest) is not THAT difficult. The only hard part is developing working hot keys, which is not the same as knowing/not knowing what to do in certain situations.

- Albus Dumbledore 99/70 Professor - Albus DumbIedore 92/59 Professor
- AIbus Dumbledore 93/50 Wizard - AIbus DumbIedore 1/1 Novice
- Astaroth 99/70 Creator - Dawkins 99/70 Creator
- Exemplar 98/69 Paladin - Equitas 80/47 Paladin
- Mephistopheles 95/65 Lord Knight - Shogo Kawada 97/67 Stalker
03-13-2009 04:57 PM
JJJ Offline
JJJ

Frogboy Wrote:Exactly the point, there isn't a lot of exp quests in RO, therefore raising the exp given by those quests is a viable compensation for the lack of quests. Granted you can bring up that RO isn't meant to be a quest-oriented game, but it doesn't exactly matter how you get to level 99 trans because your ability to play your class is going to show, whether it's in parties, WoE, PvP, etc.
not really, RO has such a limited amount theres not enough for most to bother with them which was my point as to why a lot of people don't do RO quests

however simply increasing the rewards does not increase the number of quests.

Slate Wrote:exp by clicking on npcs is not really a downside at all, it's an alternative to killing monsters which are pretty much like clicking on npcs anyway, if you do it right that is.
clicking on a npc to gain exp basically promotes useless players that have no idea how to actually level.

Slate Wrote:actually the market going screwy isn't exactly a downside either, markets fluctuate all the time, so the price increasing isn't exactly bad at all.
people spending more money on quest items then on gears =! a good idea

Slate Wrote:people will still need to know how to play in order to compete, because not everyone will use the quest exp to level, therefore you will need to have a level of skill, so that point is pretty moot.
true, but you'll have a larger majority of people that have no idea about the proper way to use a character, and im pretty sure theres not a single person that wants more "noob" players

Slate Wrote:the only way you're going to have an iRO valk issue is if you introduce repeatable exp quests, which right now there aren't exactly that many of those, and if you do put those in, you can always lower the exp for those quests. besides, going back to my previous point,
the only reason they do those quests is because its a quick and easy way to get to level 80, well guess what, with raising the quest rates you've made an even quicker and easier way to get to 99

Slate Wrote:even if you get to 99 trans by doing repeatable quests then you still have to know how to play your character.
uhhh i don't get this point?
how does knowing how to spam enter teach you how to play your character?

G?n?ral_Argos Wrote:You already did all the xp quest on hero for your chars, didn't you? ;D

I guess some sort of reverse xp for those who already did them would be fair if we get increased rates on quests.
i have, but thats not my point
you only need the exp to get to 99 twice
and you can only do the quests once

Ellie Wrote:1. I wasn't aware every quest was just NPC click and enter spam.
Last time I checked, Eye of Hellion took you to the Geffen 4 map.
Complete with monsters.
And multiple MvPs.
do not though, normally that map only has 1 npc and almost no other mobs on it, however! in that quest you don't even NEED to kill her and in the number that i calculated earlier was the exp given if you don't kill her

Ellie Wrote:2. How is grinding also not pointing and clicking? Many people level at HWs, which for most, is a point and click.
Archers with DS or FA, Merchants with Mammomite, Sins with GT.
On that note, some classes can level without even clicking. Hi2u, alchemists with homuns.
the difference is you know how to kill certain monsters, you know which skills, gears, and tactics will work

ie. you know what you can mob, you know what you can actually kill, you know how to direct your build, etc

Ellie Wrote:3. Enter key has as much skill as Priests at Anubis, or bard/dancer going to HWs. XD
at least there they need to know what gears to use, what skills to use (bless anubis, lex, so on) even if all you do is DS spam you still learn how many DS' you can shoot off before you run out of sp and how fast you can shoot them off

Ellie Wrote:4. There are also leveling guides. And plenty of them.
leveling guides are not a solid follow to the T thing, they have variation where you can say "i'll go here for a second, then maybe i'll go somewhere else because i don't like the guide"

Force-Attuned Krogoth Wrote:Quests won't stop the people who want to learn the job from doing so.??And grinding won't stop the people who want to slide by from doing that, either.??I consider this a wholly moot issue that won't make a significant difference.
the main difference is your giving them the chance to get to an extremely high level with little to no effort

[Image: SignatureVersion22.png][Image: Liffinished-1-1.png]
I Love To Help So If You Ever Need Something Feel Free To PM Me ^_^
03-13-2009 07:03 PM