Lemon Poring: 9x/50 Brewer
Alchemist
03-16-2009 05:22 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
GM-Aki Offline
Posting Freak

RE: ??Quest Exp Rate

GM-Aki Wrote:
Neuneck Wrote:BTW: can a GM please confirm the missing sibling is really missing? If he isn't i'd like to do the quests (because i'm interested in the story behind).

I'll check tonight but I seem to recall that J J J mentionned that he had done the quest on heRO.

Missing sibling quest is working. Though the Nameless one isn't...

The Cake is a Lie

heRO Wiki | Support Ticket | Vote for HeRO | Review heRO
03-16-2009 06:45 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Rei Ayanami Offline
hungry hungry hippo

RE:??Quest Exp Rate

Force-Attuned Krogoth Wrote:Bring to me one person who's experience in the game was lessened by quest exp.??
If you do not want to learn, you will not.??I challenge anyone to show me an example to the contrary.

sorry, didnt meant it that way. but my phobia of quest exp is mainly concerned with people who CBB learning the game but wants to be the unkillable player, fails and then whine till kingdom come with all sorts of unreasonable excuses.

sadly the witness to this case is such a lazy player. an irl friend of mine once played here, cbb to lvl his own char. i remember rightly that i was playing a mage and another friend was playing a hunter. we were leeching a sin 5 or 6 lvl higher than us cos this lvl 8x sin gets killed by munaks. it got to the point i left the server for a few weeks because he was complaining that mages, archers, swordies are all overpowered and sins needed to be buffed up a lot.

his argument is that he is 5 lvl higher than me and he cant lvl on his own without buffs, tank and someone doing the killing for him. after looking at his stat he placed his stats at all equal values. i tried to convince him its not how its suposed to be and he told me i was cheating and should distribute the stats in equal values across all of them.

it got to the ridiculous argument where he thinks increased hp recovery should not exist for swordies and bash is overpowered, magnum break should not splash damage, saders should not have guard, reflect or defender or even faith for extra hp or GC cos its just "too powerful" as he called it.

at this point i had gone onwards to make myself a sader because i dont find playing mage my style.

I was annoyed to the point i decided to take him to pvp and dueled him without equips to show him how silly he is. at this point i was 9 lvls below him. i killed him without having my hp gone to even red bar. from then he left the server, spreaded rumors that i was a very unreasonable person and that there is no point talking to me cos i would not listen and do the right thing. it got to my bf (at the time)'s ears and they had a fight.

and thats how the friendships ended.Mad

its a really sad story in the level of stupidity and that this is all caused by a game. but it did put me off ro for a while before i was dragged back here.

When someone calls you a lunatic and the first thing that came to mind is a cute, fluffy, white bunny, you know you've played too much RO.

Welcome to our world.
03-16-2009 10:50 PM
Ellie Offline
Bittersweet

RE: Quest Exp Rate

Rei;

That's laziness, as supposed to doing quests. XD

Inasad
stop doing dickers
03-16-2009 11:47 PM
Frogboy Offline
Posting Freak

weee, ellie's at 666 posts >Icon_smile

anyway, yes, that's laziness, and utter hopelessness, but that isn't nearly as common a thing. most of the time they leave just like what he did, and if they decide to stay then they usually get the hint from GMs to get out. but oh well lol.
03-17-2009 12:50 AM
Bloodbane Away
¤†Hero of old times†¤

*punches Frogboy in the face repeatedly*

Never forget the old days.
[Image: screenheRO-Server124-1.jpg]

-~Proud husband, father, and the luckiest guy in the world.~-

Steam Profile
Youtube
03-18-2009 07:55 AM
GM-Pandora Offline
Admin Extraordinaire

Just an fyi, there was a bug in the valentine day quest, it was not meant to give so much exp, the person who scripted that part made a mistake. It was meant to give a certain exp for lower level players, a bit more for mid level players and more again for high level players, but instead it gave all 3. That's how it was able to give more than 1 level at the time for lower level players, normally quest exp just like monster exp is capped at max 1 level.

I think setting quest at 5x would be too much, but maybe a lower multiplier, such as 2x, is not out of the question, we'll think about it, thanks for the input ppl.

~ Server Admin ~
Vote daily to help us grow!
Review us on RateMyServer every 6 months!
Have a problem? Use the Support Ticket System!
Join the Test&Dev team to help out!
03-18-2009 10:25 AM
GM-Aki Offline
Posting Freak

Saiichi.... Sweat

The Cake is a Lie

heRO Wiki | Support Ticket | Vote for HeRO | Review heRO
03-18-2009 10:25 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Neuneck Offline
Back on the road!

RE:??Quest Exp Rate

Bloodbane Wrote:*punches Frogboy in the face repeatedly*

... at least he had his punchline...Laugh

Mr Moe - 99/69 SinX
Mr Satch - 9x/6x Clown
Mr Power - Xx/Xx Whitesmith
Mr Strafe - 9x/50 Hunter - Coffee Break
Mr Heal - 9x/50 Priest
03-18-2009 01:19 PM