Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Making TK/Alche/Smith ranking points decay
GM-Ayu Offline
Uguu!

RE: Making TK/Alche/Smith ranking points decay

Or think about it this way: the fact that the current top smith and alchemist aren't players starting from day one is pretty indicative how hard work, once again, overcomes time. Rennay is an old player but his name was never on the list until 2009 suddenly he pops up. Marivel's old chemist held the first spot for a very long time at a staggering 5 digit number when a year ago, the 2nd place is at maybe 2000. Now everyone moved up a lot closer and some people owns 2 ranking alchemist.

03-19-2009 12:34 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Alexander Offline
Arch Angel

Granted I haven't checked the alchemist ranks in a while, but it only took me like 2 days of semi-serious attempts to get onto the ranker list starting from only a couple thousand at best. It's really nothing remotely difficult yet, at least for the alchemist regard. Even if I have dropped off since then, I don't doubt I could probably rank myself in a day again.

Also to explain Rennay's sudden appearance. Let's just say I donated a lot of help. Like for starters, over 1,000 pure oridecon.
03-19-2009 04:59 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

But its the efforts of guildies and friends as usual, that's how rankers happen, and SHOULD happen. Yes, even for TK rankers you can get easy help for from priests or other tanks or what have you to get you the points :O

[Image: OHeya.gif]

*Aaronock ~ *Ezekiel Stalker ~ *Maxwell Maximillion ~ *Fazil Reis ~ *Cecil Vega
03-19-2009 05:16 PM
ZackFireblade Offline

Granted, points are relatively low right now. but overall, I do not think this idea is entirely without merit. A slow decay of points might help to counter rankers who no longer play on the server.

HibikiTheAlchemist:  9x/5x Biochemist
~~Rose:  99 Lif (First homunc on heRO to evolve!)
Hibiki:  95/50 Brewer alt
Rogue Skye: 91/50 Dagger Rogue/Farming alt
Blueberry Poring: 8x Monk
Arrow Chucker: 7x Bard
Shotgun Sinner: 7x Shotgun/Launcher Gunslinger
Rapid Fire Redemption: 7x Revolver/Gatling Gunslinger
03-19-2009 05:39 PM
azurerogue Offline
One Dogma: THROW AD!

Time also counters rankers who no longer play on the server.??Really, the rankers who want to stay ranked will - with decay or without it.??Every MMO ever made rewards older players (whether through levels, "leet" gear, previous experience with the game, metagame knowledge, community involvement, strength of guild, etc, etc.), I see no reason to change this with ranking.??New players can still do it - it will never be impossible.??

EDIT: I am also opposed to the idea because I'm proud of how many points I've gotten. I keep track of how many potions I've brewed so I can compare it to my /alchemist ranking. Losing those points, even over time, would just make me sad.

- Albus Dumbledore 99/70 Professor - Albus DumbIedore 92/59 Professor
- AIbus Dumbledore 93/50 Wizard - AIbus DumbIedore 1/1 Novice
- Astaroth 99/70 Creator - Dawkins 99/70 Creator
- Exemplar 98/69 Paladin - Equitas 80/47 Paladin
- Mephistopheles 95/65 Lord Knight - Shogo Kawada 97/67 Stalker
(This post was last modified: 03-19-2009 05:51 PM by azurerogue.)
03-19-2009 05:48 PM
teOx Offline
cry IMBA pls

RE:??Making TK/Alche/Smith ranking points decay

ZackFireblade Wrote:Granted, points are relatively low right now.??but overall, I do not think this idea is entirely without merit.??A slow decay of points might help to counter rankers who no longer play on the server.

lol players who no longer play wouldnt need a disadvantage. they cant get more points the other alchemists/etc just need to stop being lazy. Laugh
03-19-2009 06:04 PM
Kirby_Z Offline
The Kirbster

I have a question, lets say there is a banned player with a ranker (Alc/Bs/Tk) do he/she keeps the ranking? or is it erased? Sorry for the n00b question.

Proud Member Of The Nya Nya Crew
[Image: nyanya.jpg][Image: 51000806.png]
Nya Nya Crew - ¥†‡ Hero's #1 Social Non Woe Guild ‡†¥
03-19-2009 06:15 PM
GM-Ayu Offline
Uguu!

they keep it

03-19-2009 06:16 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Kirby_Z Offline
The Kirbster

Aint that a bit unfair? Also once I heard that a Ranking TK that changes job keeps their score, is that also true?

Proud Member Of The Nya Nya Crew
[Image: nyanya.jpg][Image: 51000806.png]
Nya Nya Crew - ¥†‡ Hero's #1 Social Non Woe Guild ‡†¥
03-19-2009 06:28 PM
teOx Offline
cry IMBA pls

its not any more unfair than if they werent banned but quit. it doesnt doesnt change the fact that the players need to catch up. in hero's current state its honestly very easy to get on any of the ranker lists so theres just alot of QQIng in this thread
03-19-2009 06:31 PM