Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Team PvP Rules Discussion
Nidsrule Offline
๏̯͡๏

RE: Team PvP Rules Discussion

Don't see any reason to ban bascilca personally. Both tarot cards and dispel work as decent counters to it (at least from my experiences with the skill), so it's not like its unstoppable. It has it's uses in terms of strategies and if a team doesn't have the required players to deal with it, they didn't plan properly. Once again, I'm focusing on teams of a decent size. It's just too messy with small teams.

[Image: 2yv147n.gif]
04-06-2009 09:23 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

How big are you expecting teams to be Rob if I may ask?
Should rules change depending on these sizes of teams too?

[Image: OHeya.gif]

*Aaronock ~ *Ezekiel Stalker ~ *Maxwell Maximillion ~ *Fazil Reis ~ *Cecil Vega
04-06-2009 09:35 PM
Nidsrule Offline
๏̯͡๏

I was looking at around 5v5 and yes, rules would have to be modified for small teams. Still, I think if the teams are too small it'd just be a waste of time.

04-06-2009 09:38 PM
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

Yah I was thinking 5vs5-10vs10. I suppose at that point players could deal with basillica, but if they were smaller (like 3vs3) then it should not be.

04-06-2009 09:43 PM
Nidsrule Offline
๏̯͡๏

RE:??Team PvP Rules Discussion

Aaronock Wrote:Yah I was thinking 5vs5-10vs10.??I suppose at that point players could deal with basillica, but if they were smaller (like 3vs3) then it should not be.

Ok

04-06-2009 09:45 PM
Général_Argos Offline
Removed by GM

RE:??Team PvP Rules Discussion

Nidsrule Wrote:Limiting blue gems limits skills like safety wall and LP. THAT is dumb.

How would that be dumb?

Like I said, some skills require usable items for a reason.

Because ro championship are sg and lp spam it doesn't mean that it is a good way to do.??

GM-Ayu Wrote:I don't know how you beat basilica if they keep spamming it to force you into definite draws..

gems gems gems

IGN: 9000KRIM Alts:  Morradin, KRIMSTEAL
Banned: Krimlin, Krimlogas, Lord_Krimlogas, General_Argos
Krim's grocery list

¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_-KRIMLIN-¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯/
Murphy law.  The only true one.  
[Image: krimstyleg.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 04-06-2009 09:50 PM by Général_Argos.)
04-06-2009 09:49 PM
Nidsrule Offline
๏̯͡๏

RE: ??Team PvP Rules Discussion

G?n?ral_Argos Wrote:Because ro championship are sg and lp spam it doesn't mean that it is a good way to do.??

Care to elaborate on that?

I don't see a point in limiting the use of skills like SW and LP just because you want to limit the use of other skills (res/basilica). Limiting gem usage as you are suggesting destroys the flexibility of a lot of a sage/scholar's skills.

Take an FS scholar for example. It's main role will be dispelling, laying LP, using stone curse, safety walling and acting as a perma blue pot. 4/5 of those skills require gems. The skills in question also require a fair amount of spamming to be used effectively.

The concept of allowing unlimited res and forcing warp to save also adds another element of strategy, as each team also has the option of ressing a recently killed foe and killing it again to remove it from battle (using a lower level of res or ygg leaves, obviously).

04-06-2009 10:11 PM
GM-Ayu Offline
Uguu!

(again, I don't think that there's anyway to get rid of warp to save upon 2nd death when pvp is enabled.)

04-06-2009 10:17 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

I'm not for limiting gem use either since priests and profs rely HEAVILY on gems to get their jobs done properly. Granted I play one of the two classes, but according to your ideal rules Krim we're stuck with less gems than creators get AD...

I say unlimited gem use, I'm thinking this should be like WoE overall, but I doubt that people want the skill limitations from there to apply to team pvp :s

04-06-2009 10:29 PM
Général_Argos Offline
Removed by GM

RE:????Team PvP Rules Discussion

Nidsrule Wrote:I don't see a point in limiting the use of skills like SW and LP just because you want to limit the use of other skills (res/basilica).

You missed the point.??The point is to limit -all- skills that requires gems or usable items.??

Guess what, the scholar will have to use the dispell spell *at the right time*.??Will have to lay the lp *at the right time*.??et cetera.??

The point is to reward strategy instead of dumb spaming (like what is woe and what are ro championship, imho).??

In my suggestion everything is limited, from aspd pots, by gems to AD bottles.??(Now maybe 15/10/5 gems is too little for prof but sufficient for other classes;??I would suggest to increase at a maximum double rate the amount of gems to proffersors, but really no more than that, otherwise the point is lost).??

In my suggestion some items are prohibited, like green herbs, panaceas and elemental converters; the reason is to make people use the skills that does the effect.??Yes, like in making a build that requires enough skill points to get those skill, forcing players to do further choices.??

Now, I understand that reseting *just for an event*, and *2 times* can be costy, but if prizes are rewarding, (like giving a zeny prize in the 9 digits for the whole winning team), the investment can be easily justified.??

edit : I updated my first post to update the amount of gems

IGN: 9000KRIM Alts:  Morradin, KRIMSTEAL
Banned: Krimlin, Krimlogas, Lord_Krimlogas, General_Argos
Krim's grocery list

¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_-KRIMLIN-¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯/
Murphy law.  The only true one.  
[Image: krimstyleg.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 04-06-2009 10:47 PM by Général_Argos.)
04-06-2009 10:37 PM