Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Want to know who your GMs are?
Balmung Offline
Knight of Midgar

RE: Want to know who your GMs are?

If you believe they are legit, would it change something if they are in a guild or not?

Everyone has to understand that every month, these people pay a fee in order to keep the server up. So they sacrifice something in order to have this server up.

Their characters being legit, why then would they be forbidden to be in guilds and play like any normal player? They should have more than the right to be in guilds or possess guilds in order to do pvp for fun.

Every server of every kind of online game has GM's. All of them have GM that actually play the game, they just don't ever show their identity to players just to prevent this kind of trouble. You need to have a blind faith in GM, every online game can be cheated no matter which it is. But instead of believing in 'what if they do cheat' why don't you believe in 'what if they don't cheat'.

Its in the human nature to accuse others out of jalousy. But this server belongs to them and they should have the same right as anyone else to be players and guild members.

Personally I don't care if its a GM or not that im facing as long as I can hit em real hard with my sword.
01-16-2006 11:11 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Manifus Offline
Infinite Zero

Balmung Wrote:If you believe they are legit, would it change something if they are in a guild or not?

Everyone has to understand that every month, these people pay a fee in order to keep the server up. So they sacrifice something in order to have this server up.

Their characters being legit, why then would they be forbidden to be in guilds and play like any normal player? They should have more than the right to be in guilds or possess guilds in order to do pvp for fun.

Every server of every kind of online game has GM's. All of them have GM that actually play the game, they just don't ever show their identity to players just to prevent this kind of trouble. You need to have a blind faith in GM, every online game can be cheated no matter which it is. But instead of believing in 'what if they do cheat' why don't you believe in 'what if they don't cheat'.

Its in the human nature to accuse others out of jalousy. But this server belongs to them and they should have the same right as anyone else to be players and guild members.

Personally I don't care if its a GM or not that im facing as long as I can hit em real hard with my sword.

I'd have to agree,

and personally, not just swords, but any pointy or blugeony object :D

01-16-2006 11:57 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Tenshi Offline
•(The KutleRY)•

They were players first and foremost and they do have to be able to enjoy the game once in a while too.
I totaly agree with Balmung on that one

[Image: 180da8wb2.gif]

I am the stone that the builder refused
Amicule, deliciae, num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
01-16-2006 12:23 PM
Lance Offline
Dragon Lance - Hiya! Normal People!

Balmung Wrote:If you believe they are legit, would it change something if they are in a guild or not?

Im just saying that if they were in a guild, then that means that I and of couse others, would have fought someone with a distinct advantage. Given that, as stated by GM-Pandora, the GM team has been playing for over 2 years, that would mean that the guild in which the GM resides has a library of knowledge(should that GM decide to share it) that the other guilds in the server would not have. Unless the other guilds had someone else they could talk to that has been playing as long as the GM team has, otherwise as stated previously, those guilds or guild, has the advantage of knowing what monsters to fight, what gear to get and the best way to execute an attack strategy(in the case of WoE). Personally i dont care if its a GM that im facing either, I have just become really curious to know if there are characters that are controlled by people that have played for over 2 years.

-Plus, it makes me feel all warm inside, to know that a novice to RO, such as myself, could kill someone with such a wealth of exp on their sideIcon_biggrin

-And now i have to write a rediculous story cause i had to think of stuff to respond to uIcon_twisted, my poor mind Icon_cry
01-16-2006 12:25 PM
Kaede Offline
*.: The KutleRY :.*

Not only the GMs have been playing this game for a long time ... I am aware that many players on this server have plaved this game for quite some time so GM or not you might be facing someone with greater WoE / PvP knowledge than you. Furthermore, you can always ask GMs/ more experienced players for strategies (heck I've already told a few ppl how to kill my character) I'm sure they'll be glad to help you out.
01-16-2006 01:34 PM
GM-Feith
Unregistered

are players affraid of GM powers?
humans tend to be affraid of what they can't understand.

toudoudou....

2001 space odessy!

XD
01-16-2006 02:47 PM
Quote this message in a reply
Manifus Offline
Infinite Zero

GM-Feith Wrote:are players affraid of GM powers?
humans tend to be affraid of what they can't understand.

toudoudou....

2001 space odessy!

XD

We kill gms to much to be afraid Icon_smile
<3

[S>GM-Feith Skull] <CALL ME>

01-16-2006 02:55 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
LightRocket Offline
Mandeh Man

Manifus Wrote:[S>GM-Feith Skull] <CALL ME>

*calls*

And, you don't have to be a veteran, time-wise, to know a lot about RO. Experience is an advantage, but even relative newbies to RO can get said experience, and if they try hard, they can get a lot of it. All you need is an inquisitive nature and the ability to fufill it. Along with what Kaede said about asking others. :X

Five hundred doors
and forty more
I think are in Valhalla:
Eight hundred heroes
go through a door at once
When they go to fight the wolf.
01-16-2006 04:43 PM
Sodo Offline
Lord of Vermillion

Judging by the looks of things, I was also on the server the GMs were on, and I believe I know who Pandora was, do you remember me?

EDIT:
I just realize that might be the reason for the giant mass of us from that server being here. XD

They closed it recently, my over half years time wasted...

Main IGNs:
Neniv [Elixir] - 9x Sin
Sodo - 7x Wizzy
[Image: style5,Sodo.png]
(This post was last modified: 01-16-2006 08:49 PM by Sodo.)
01-16-2006 08:43 PM
GM-Pandora Offline
Admin Extraordinaire

I'm sorry I got a terrible memory, was your char called Sodo as well? Icon_sad If you tell me which guild you were in it might refresh my memory Icon_biggrin

And for those who are wondering, I don't mind telling you who my char was on the previous server, my high wiz was name Tiya. If I decide to make a wiz on this server I wont call her that anyway, I like the name, but too many people know it.

~ Server Admin ~
Vote daily to help us grow!
Review us on RateMyServer every 6 months!
Have a problem? Use the Support Ticket System!
Join the Test&Dev team to help out!
01-17-2006 11:37 AM