[Image: 35iqbyd.png]
Cheesecake 93/99 SuperNovice | Hell 7x/4x Hybrid Hunter
Milkshake 7x/4x Knight | Lein 7x/4x Priest | Mystia 8x/5x Monk

05-07-2009 03:02 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Frogboy Offline
Posting Freak

RE: Super Novice Bow

the main reason novices/supernovices can't use bows is because there is no sprite available for such.

however your reasoning for the inc/suc combo is utterly ridiculous. that combo is pretty much nullified with the novice wings, as, since no one else mentioned it, not only do you get the angelic combo from it as well as +2 to all stats, but if you are able to get angel wing/evil wing ears, you get another boost to hp and sp without having to worry about another card set. granted it may not be as much as the inc/suc card combo, but an extra 300hp and 80sp is pretty darn good regardless. not to mention if you really want more hp and sp then get the quve/lude combo as well for your novice armlets. you then have 4 armor slots (headgear, garment, footgear, shield) available to boost defense and protect against whatever else.

also, something extremely important that i just remembered, all bows in this game are two-handed meaning no shield and no angelic combo anyway. so what would be the point of having the bow if you're gonna lose the additional 900 hp?
05-07-2009 05:48 PM
Find all posts by this user
Cheesecake Offline
The Tasty Trap

Also.. SN have no bow skills. Keep in mind this. Though just so everyone knows, SN can equip 1 handed weapons. See Divine Cross Icon_smile

[Image: 35iqbyd.png]
Cheesecake 93/99 SuperNovice | Hell 7x/4x Hybrid Hunter
Milkshake 7x/4x Knight | Lein 7x/4x Priest | Mystia 8x/5x Monk

05-07-2009 05:50 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Brent Offline

Ok well like that GOOD SN remark by cheesecake love you to um have u ever heard of a sn tanking shadows... My Sn has 20k instant cast damage and I had about 6k hp I think you all are Missing the point of a Sn you are supposed to do stuff by yourself that other classes when they are alone cant I have have done many MVP parties and most times my sn is able to do the most damage and hrlp brar mvps that mpdt parties cannot. As for your meelle sn or only good without set as to get thier flee to 350 posible I think so. So unless you know what you are talking about please don't post here considering sn is my main class and as for explanations to why there is no bow sprites still is the only one that meeks anything to me I think that if the sns had a bow it would allow the archer/Mage class that is so popular on other games but again I guess a kid named cheesecake knows best??
(This post was last modified: 05-08-2009 07:54 AM by Brent.)
05-08-2009 07:51 AM
Brent Offline

RE:??Super Novice Bow

Cheesecake Wrote:Also.. SN have no bow skills. Keep in mind this. Though just so everyone knows, SN can equip 1 handed weapons. See Divine Cross Icon_smile
Read openning statement again I asked y don't they haave and if you don't know sns can equip 2handed staffs with a link any staff to be exact staff of destruction hmmm? Or +9 lich's with a drops and a necro card hmmm? Seems that only lazy people can't fully apreciate the Sn class
05-08-2009 07:57 AM
Brent Offline

Frogboy Wrote:the main reason novices/supernovices can't use bows is because there is no sprite available for such.

however your reasoning for the inc/suc combo is utterly ridiculous. that combo is pretty much nullified with the novice wings, as, since no one else mentioned it, not only do you get the angelic combo from it as well as +2 to all stats, but if you are able to get angel wing/evil wing ears, you get another boost to hp and sp without having to worry about another card set. granted it may not be as much as the inc/suc card combo, but an extra 300hp and 80sp is pretty darn good regardless. not to mention if you really want more hp and sp then get the quve/lude combo as well for your novice armlets. you then have 4 armor slots (headgear, garment, footgear, shield) available to boost defense and protect against whatever else.

also, something extremely important that i just remembered, all bows in this game are two-handed meaning no shield and no angelic combo anyway. so what would be the point of having the bow if you're gonna lose the additional 900 hp?
Woulndt use set I would get 190 aspd or 350 flee as to not get hit and also on the incu/succu card set let's Sn class get infinate sp so maybe that's y I use that set just an
idea I know bows are 2handed my favorite class for a Long time was sniper
(This post was last modified: 05-08-2009 08:10 AM by Brent.)
05-08-2009 08:04 AM
Brent Offline

Kadar Wrote:SN are supposed to get a rather large HP boost at lvl 99.??%dmg reductions are much more important to SN than HP anyway.
I know LOL about the bouns but % reduction cards are point less rather just use heal... Considering infinate sp.. Rather use cards that improve damage or hp/sp
05-08-2009 08:17 AM
azurerogue Offline
One Dogma: THROW AD!

There is an edit button for a reason, so you know. Also, you say SNs should be able to do things other classes can't when they're by themselves... and you're a caster SN. Tell me, what can your SN do that an Instant-Cast High Wizard can't do better? I'm not trying to fight with you, but there is NO role a SN can fill better than some other class - the advantage they get is not doing any one thing better, but being able to do more things (which is, actually, destroyed by trying to focus on instant-cast SN, since that removes much of their diversity).

For Melee builds: almost any trans (or even second non-trans) melee class can outdamage them. They can potentially get about as much flee as a second-class thief could, but that's about it (they might even be able to get about ten more, not sure).

Fo caster builds: any dedicated caster can out-DPS a super novice, especially instant cast HWiz (but even a double-bolt professor).

In general: Super Novice is a novelty class. Yes, they can actually do a decent job in select situations with certain builds, but if you ever expect them to stand up to serious competition you will most likely be disappointed. They don't have the durability of most other classes, and they don't have the offensive capability, either.

- Albus Dumbledore 99/70 Professor - Albus DumbIedore 92/59 Professor
- AIbus Dumbledore 93/50 Wizard - AIbus DumbIedore 1/1 Novice
- Astaroth 99/70 Creator - Dawkins 99/70 Creator
- Exemplar 98/69 Paladin - Equitas 80/47 Paladin
- Mephistopheles 95/65 Lord Knight - Shogo Kawada 97/67 Stalker
05-08-2009 10:37 AM
Brent Offline

Your missing the point reason I don't use edit button quick reply thing is to easy and Hw normally take role of mob control and double cast proofs sp yes they can handle them selfs but niether of them have heal or buff skills and hypno staff is more matk then most staffs and Sns with instant cast and bragi = like trible bolt casting on another note does this server have robo eyes? And like to see your proof or hw sf or penuma? As for lude and quve set or what ever I prefer double imps or siroma depends on where I'm at as for proctetion from cards I only use passana armour when I'm killing fire imps in Thor

P.s. I like that you creators haven't seen you play but u sound like you know what you are doing creators are nice to have if the player can play
(This post was last modified: 05-08-2009 11:03 AM by Brent.)
05-08-2009 10:50 AM
Former-GM-Mass Offline
Banned

Brent Wrote:Your missing the point reason I don't use edit button quick reply thing is to easy

You're missing the point that you did quadruple posts. You can make multiple quotes on a single post so I'm asking not to do that again.
05-08-2009 12:40 PM
Thread Closed