Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Anti-bot Gravity map design
GM-Ayu Offline
Uguu!

RE: Anti-bot Gravity map design

I have no idea why some mobs suck so bad either, but hey if we change everything we see as "illogically awkward from gravity" we are probably playing a new game with RO base engine, and not so much RO anymore.

Arclouze and all the nuisance are members of what makes RO, "RO."

05-14-2009 03:21 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Little Sara Offline

Yeah I know, just saying, Rideword is a nuisance, not asking to change his exp, just remove him from 2 maps where he's not in important numbers anyways.

And for Hunter Fly out of Geffen 1, which is supposed to be relatively easy (as in not lv 70+ easy, but as in 1st class easy).

Geffen 2-3-4 are much harder and were harder as well back then (when Geffen 4 didn't even exist yet). I remember spending weeks hunting Whispers in Geffen 2 as Assassin on iRO. The map definitely had a 70-80 feel level-wise. Geffen 1 in comparison was more 40-50. Now Geffen 1 has become 70+ just because of Hunter Fly, and people probably don't bother hunting him, because his exp is nothing interesting and his drops (even his card) is nothing to talk about.

So you only have people teleporting to lv 2 or above, no one hunting in Geffen 1.

Little Sara 87/50 Assassin
PM me if you want to contact me, will more likely be replying than in-game (not always on Assassin).

[Image: 73962.jpg]
Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!
05-14-2009 03:28 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Cheesecake Offline
The Tasty Trap

I think the terrible problem here is maps are becoming barricaded for low levels. The game keeps decreasing the places for people to train by opening new ones and locking old ones with infestations. I see no reason why heRO can't help to reopen areas of the world that used to be trainable to actually encourage people to go to other places then Moscovia and East of Rachel.

It would be nice to go to CT and find people, or go to GH and find people, but it's rare as is. If you find someone its more less someone on their way to DL or the fishing spot, or some level 99 LK mobbing things for their card. You don't see training people anymore because they are secluding themselves to certain maps.

And sadly, I can't beat them in the level rate, so I join them, but I would certainly like to waltz my SN into CT and once again take on Clocks without having to get OHKO by every rideword I see and lose 1% if I'm not godly fast with flywings and hopefully dont pop into a mob of half-dead rideword.

[Image: 35iqbyd.png]
Cheesecake 93/99 SuperNovice | Hell 7x/4x Hybrid Hunter
Milkshake 7x/4x Knight | Lein 7x/4x Priest | Mystia 8x/5x Monk

05-14-2009 05:14 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Monkey Feet Offline
Fated to be Hated

RE: ??Anti-bot Gravity map design

Little Sara Wrote:
Quote:Dude, live with it, if you don't like it, go make your own server with these rules.

1) I'm not a dude.
2) I'm not asking to "change rules".

Quote:I personally like the ridewords since they're ok profit and I can kill em easy with 204 flee. I dunno bout y'all, but it doesn't seem like you need 250 flee.

3) There are a TON of them in Glast Heim, especially Castle 2, but apparently everywhere outside Churchyard, Sewers/Cave or Staircase (that is, there are some in Chivalry, in Castle, in "inside GH" and other places there). Apparently many also in Thanatos.

4) http://ratemyserver.net/index.php?page=m...rch=Search

See for yourself, I doubt our Rideword is custom.

PS: The most is in Clock Tower 1, if you want to hunt Rideword specifically, you'd go in CT1 not CT2 or CT3. And I did NOT mention CT1, leave it as is. Only CT2 and CT3, who only have 12 and 6 (including some timed respawn ones). CT1 has 70.

Well I stated that wrong, and I apologize for that, I ment stop tryin to change the friken game balance for your own friken comfort, others had to go through these same stuff too, so deal with it.

And apparently you thing Thana's somewhere you'd go at level 70~80's? Hmm.

Der der der RW's aren't custom.

Umm yea, and CT2 and CT3 aren't really small maps, so if there are 12 and 6, use fly wings as soon as you see them approching, I mean really, if I can teleport away fast enough so I don't get hit while I'm superhaxly BLIND, you shouldn't have a problem just tping away, and you can tp when you're casting, so stop complainin.

Why don't we just take out aggressive monsters out this game period? And give all these monsters 100% card drop rate too, and better yet, you GM's should send us nice computers and nice chairs for our own comforts. idemandnow

[Image: monkey.png]

[Image: siggymonkey.jpg]
05-14-2009 05:37 PM
Cheesecake Offline
The Tasty Trap

RE:????Anti-bot Gravity map design

Monkey Feet Wrote:Well I stated that wrong, and I apologize for that, I ment stop tryin to change the friken game balance for your own friken comfort, others had to go through these same stuff too, so deal with it.

So instead they go to Moscovia or horde the HW or orc maps. RO has like 20 areas, 10 maps each thats over 200 maps and we seclude ourselves to 3-4? People who are only concerned with quick leveling and not exploring or hunting while they are leveling would not understand. I prefer to hunt for my equipment during the time I am training and level in the process but you can not do that with the current roadblocks.

I dont expect someone already 99 power leveling using guild members or reused maps to care about doing things in a pactical way.

Monkey Feet Wrote:And apparently you thing Thana's somewhere you'd go at level 70~80's? Hmm.

Der der der RW's aren't custom.

Nobody said that. Sara simply said Rideword are there and belong there. If you want to hunt Rideword why would you go to CT when at the level you need to be to stand a chance against their ASPD/Hit would make you roll Glast Heim anyway?

Noone said RW was custom.

Monkey Feet Wrote:Umm yea, and CT2 and CT3 aren't really small maps, so if there are 12 and 6, use fly wings as soon as you see them approching, I mean really, if I can teleport away fast enough so I don't get hit while I'm superhaxly BLIND, you shouldn't have a problem just tping away, and you can tp when you're casting, so stop complainin.

I don't think you know what problems a map of half dead monsters causes. If someone goes and kills the monster after its been hit and is half dead and the one who hit it is still on the map the original hitter gets the drops. Imagine if that Rideword dropped a card, or the Clock?

Also it would be nice if you would stop having such an aggresive means to your posts "Stop complaining" is an ad hominem and would get you disqualified from any mature debate. If you can not be mature don't post.

Another thing is, when you start TPing from every mob that is near a rideword the mobs begin to become secluded, and eventually farm to one location or a few, but all of them have a rideword.

Monkey Feet Wrote:Why don't we just take out aggressive monsters out this game period? And give all these monsters 100% card drop rate too, and better yet, you GM's should send us nice computers and nice chairs for our own comforts. idemandnow

Now you're being ridiculous. Sara simply is stating there are aggresive monsters on certain maps that were ADDED to take out low level people in order to encourage new map exploration. Whereas all it is doing is secluding people to the newer maps and boarding down other ones. Nobody mentioned ANYTHING about 100% card drop, and nobody mentioned anything about freebies or making the game ANY easier. This thread is only in existance to make the game the way it used to be. Explorable, and open up OLD areas for training instead of secluding people to a handful of maps.

Don't be childish.

[Image: 35iqbyd.png]
Cheesecake 93/99 SuperNovice | Hell 7x/4x Hybrid Hunter
Milkshake 7x/4x Knight | Lein 7x/4x Priest | Mystia 8x/5x Monk

(This post was last modified: 05-14-2009 05:59 PM by Cheesecake.)
05-14-2009 05:58 PM
Ellie Offline
Bittersweet

Eh. People claim there are 3-4 worthwhile maps, then complain on main that someone has mobbed all the HWs, and so everyone else has trouble. Not exactly effective.

Anolians, dragontails, spring rabbits, both Nifl fields, Medusa, Thors, etc. There's not a shortage.

Inasad
stop doing dickers
05-15-2009 02:37 AM
Little Sara Offline

RE:??Anti-bot Gravity map design

Ellie Wrote:Eh. People claim there are 3-4 worthwhile maps, then complain on main that someone has mobbed all the HWs, and so everyone else has trouble. Not exactly effective.

Anolians, dragontails, spring rabbits, both Nifl fields, Medusa, Thors, etc. There's not a shortage.

I've yet to see Mages or Wizards going to Turtle Island 1, Eddga's map, or Nifelheim fields.

Only instant cast casters can afford to go to very aggro places. Even if you have Phen/Bloody Butterfly or Orlean's armor to prevent interruption, you get hit hard before they die.

Sure, there are the skilled ones who can vertical fire wall anything and probably would find a way to vertical fire wall undeads if it was possible, but the majority aren't so skilled and shouldn't be limited to "Siroma or bust".

Clock room in CT2 was actually a good way to learn to be a better caster.

You had to note when the clock would move, take into account position and server lag, check the time your fire wall would last...because a mage, even with energy coat, lasted at most 2 hits. The occasional Archer Skeleton showing up there got insta-killed with a fire wall right on top of them though.

Alarm was then the next step up, since they aggro. Their movement is more predictable, but you still don't want to be hit by them, even as wizard, so you have to learn to move and mob efficiently, learn about enemy movement (they go diagonal last, which is what lets people use vertical firewall).

Going FB or JT 1-shot kills doesn't help learn this at all though, and Soils are poor teachers in monster behavior.

Rideword has discouraged all but the most foolhardy to go in CT2 or CT3 for anything but quest items.

PM me if you want to contact me, will more likely be replying than in-game (not always on Assassin).

05-15-2009 03:03 AM
conch Offline
1 ea

RE:??Anti-bot Gravity map design

GM-Ayu Wrote:but then make new maps just as abusable if not worse than the old ones (looking at you, anubis).

so much hate towards anubis Icon_sad

¥[Image: w1z2h5.png]¥
05-15-2009 03:13 AM
mahawirasd Offline
Posting Freak

basically i know what you're getting at, but i don't think that eliminating those few nuisances (other than the geffen 1 issue) is wise.

1st off, fishing (as azure said) should more than cover your pot and zeny limitations.

2nd thing is, although i agree that most of the problems in RO on why ppl tend to flock to certain maps is because of the combination of exp/hp and spawn numbers and spawn rates which makes exp/hour in several maps waayyyy more enticing than other maps, i still think that sometimes they purposely do so because those fringe maps drop better drops.
CT has it's combo (i know not enough ppl use them, they're not that popular), but used correctly i could imagine a sturdy tank to be able to profit from that combo.

And levelling in those "non-optimal" (exp-wise) maps are useful for one's skill. I know how painful/annoying/aggravating ridewords, hunter flies, mimics, etc are especially since my connection ain't that great. But i still think tele-ing or f-wing-ing is not that hard. Fwing is what really makes RO different to other MMORPGs IMHO...

furthermore, those "hard" maps are there to challenge you early on. I've seen a rogue do magma dungeon properly when he's 7x (first char mind you), he also did elders and clocks and peno and bathory in CT, stings, ED, raydrics, khalitz, wind ghost, byalan5 etc for a bit. Everytime he died he just used the healer and warped back. He doesn't even use pots except for awakes/berserks...
However i must admit that when he decided to go to 90 fast he went to moscovia. Mosc is really imba in that sense (exp/hour)... drops sucks as hell though...

Then i heard of a sin going to turtle dungeon 4, penomena, teddy bears, and even abyss3 at 8x! Well yeah i guess she must be grimming with a smokie, but hey it's doable!

Dragon tails are a nuisance, but not as much as hunterflies. My GF's hunter actually levelled a bit off the eddga map and turtle island's main map (dragontails and rabbits)...

even geffenia is not a prime exp/hp spot, but i hunt there and my GF's LK has gained several levels between geffenia and magma...

those little nuisances are what reminds us how annoyingly good fun RO is...

-w-
05-15-2009 03:37 AM
Little Sara Offline

Those nuisances are fine for level 90 maps, put them in Thors and Rachels and Biolabs and Thanatos.

They're "okay" for a few 70-90 maps, and I'm pretty sure they didn't put Ridewords in CT2-3 in the offchance a melee character might get the combo. Bet you most people getting the combo get it off OCA anyways.

Level 20-50 maps is something else. Wolves, and Muka shouldn't be the only pre-50 maps worth any exp. Geffen 1 was good because it had a TON of Poison Spores, enough to mob you even if you didn't want to. Thief has no mob skill and Swordman only has Magnum Break (which isn't practical to spam for sp reasons).

05-15-2009 04:31 AM