Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Anti-bot Gravity map design
Ellie Offline
Bittersweet

RE: Anti-bot Gravity map design

You really want me to justify why we should all stick to 4 maps, when just a page back, I provided a list of other leveling places?

Right. Because that makes complete sense.

The cons do not outweigh the pros.
If you honestly have a problem with the few Ridewords in CT2 and 3, take a few flywings. It'll cost you a few hundred zeny at most. The maps are huge. The Ridewords are few. Then you can avoid them, and those that want them there can still have them.
You say bots can tele to avoid Ridewords. Perhaps in this situation, you could actually learn something from a bot.

Inasad
stop doing dickers
05-15-2009 03:31 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Little Sara Offline

Bots don't carry fly wings, they use some cheat-teleport (as in not Creamy or the actual spell). Bots are also not frustrated that they need to leave their Clock Tower Manager, Clock or Alarm to fly wing when they'd rather finish the monster first.

I'm sure you could devise the most horrible map and have someone program a bot able to succeed on this map, while players struggle with a party. And the bot won't be frustrated of dying or whatever else happens, unlike players.

Tell me what are the pros of having Rideword in CT2-3?
The cons of having Rideword in CT2-3?

Same questions but for Hunter Fly in Geffen 1?

Give your take on it.

Here is mine:

Rideword in CT2-3:
Pros: Makes bots teleport, map is empty. Clock hands are worth more zeny (when selling). Partying is more encouraged...if you can survive a Rideword a few seconds and have a Priest handy.

Cons: Needs a Creamy Clip or 50+ fly wings per trip. Leaves half-dead monsters. Clock hands are worth more zeny (when buying). Not an efficient leveling spot.

Hunter Fly in Geffen 1:
Pros: Map is empty. Bots don't even bother.

Cons: Cannot level there (lv 35+, not 70+). Not worth hunting poison spore there either.

(Bringing fly wings for this map is unreasonable, 30 Hunter Fly, you're bound to find more of those than poison spores).

-------------

I don't want to create my own server, I am no good in being a leader, and I know it. I have the capacity (skills) to be lead tester at work and do not want to.

Little Sara 87/50 Assassin
PM me if you want to contact me, will more likely be replying than in-game (not always on Assassin).

[Image: 73962.jpg]
Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!
05-15-2009 04:11 PM
Ellie Offline
Bittersweet

Whether or not they use FWs, they still tele. We're talking about learning to tele when you see a Rideword. Not -how- you tele.

To your cons;
50 is 3k. Less with DC. Certainly worth it for the drops, no?

Half dead monsters. A -few-. There are only a handful of Ridewords, on a large map. I find it hard to believe that all other mobs are entered around these few Ridewords, but at enough of a distance that the person going there is going to sit and carefully halfkill each of these mobs around the Rideword before it gets them, instead of say... focusing on one? Which, in that case, leaves one half dead mob. Multiply that a few Ridewords, and allow some mob movement... Not many half dead mobs.
But since no one else ever goes there, apparently, you can go back and kill it and not lose the exp, since it wasn't someone else's half dead mob, no?

Yeah. If something is worth more zeny, it's always going to be a con for the buyer. No matter the item. That one is called an economy. Not a con.

Geffen:
Why would you even want to try there, anyway?
The map is medium sized, with few spores. Use Payon field 5, and tele from the Dragon tails, or even Mjolnir 7, on which spores are the -only- aggros, with an entire 60, on a not badly sized map, which is also easy to walk around. There are also no aggros on the way to it from Geffen, either.

Inasad
stop doing dickers
05-15-2009 04:59 PM
Little Sara Offline

About the fly wings, the con is not the cost, but the weight. For a STR class, its not much of a problem, but casters and archers are not exactly STR classes.

PM me if you want to contact me, will more likely be replying than in-game (not always on Assassin).

05-15-2009 05:52 PM
Monkey Feet Offline
Fated to be Hated

RE: ????Anti-bot Gravity map design

Cheesecake Wrote:
Monkey Feet Wrote:And apparently you thing Thana's somewhere you'd go at level 70~80's? Hmm.

Der der der RW's aren't custom.

Nobody said that. Sara simply said Rideword are there and belong there. If you want to hunt Rideword why would you go to CT when at the level you need to be to stand a chance against their ASPD/Hit would make you roll Glast Heim anyway?

Noone said RW was custom.

Umm, Sara did smart one. Aaite, make sure you make sense in your sentence SIR, since you didn't make jack.

Cheesecake Wrote:
Monkey Feet Wrote:Umm yea, and CT2 and CT3 aren't really small maps, so if there are 12 and 6, use fly wings as soon as you see them approching, I mean really, if I can teleport away fast enough so I don't get hit while I'm superhaxly BLIND, you shouldn't have a problem just tping away, and you can tp when you're casting, so stop complainin.

I don't think you know what problems a map of half dead monsters causes. If someone goes and kills the monster after its been hit and is half dead and the one who hit it is still on the map the original hitter gets the drops. Imagine if that Rideword dropped a card, or the Clock?

Also it would be nice if you would stop having such an aggresive means to your posts "Stop complaining" is an ad hominem and would get you disqualified from any mature debate. If you can not be mature don't post.

Another thing is, when you start TPing from every mob that is near a rideword the mobs begin to become secluded, and eventually farm to one location or a few, but all of them have a rideword.

That's why most people avoid or try to avoid half dead monsters smart one.

It would be nice if you'd get some common sense and shove it in your head. Lemme tell you what'd get YOU off any "mature debates". Your "I'm Mrs. Perfect" bulls attitude. If you can't stand reality, don't live.

Did you not see the RW count, 12 and 6, and trust me, there are WAY more clocks, I've leveled there a few times.

Cheesecake Wrote:
Monkey Feet Wrote:Why don't we just take out aggressive monsters out this game period? And give all these monsters 100% card drop rate too, and better yet, you GM's should send us nice computers and nice chairs for our own comforts. idemandnow

Now you're being ridiculous. Sara simply is stating there are aggresive monsters on certain maps that were ADDED to take out low level people in order to encourage new map exploration. Whereas all it is doing is secluding people to the newer maps and boarding down other ones. Nobody mentioned ANYTHING about 100% card drop, and nobody mentioned anything about freebies or making the game ANY easier. This thread is only in existance to make the game the way it used to be. Explorable, and open up OLD areas for training instead of secluding people to a handful of maps.

Don't be childish.

Now you're just being "ridiculous" and not even getting sarcasm, get off the keyboard before your fragile princess feelings gets hurt.

So what your saying is that MvP's shouldn't have skills either? No. We shouldn't go back to the old ways. Get down with the new or get your sorry self out of this world.

Haha, wow, I find it hillarious how you act like a GM and shiz, and you can't back NOTHIN up.

Oh, and btw, I'm 13, I'm supposed to be childish smart one.

[Image: monkey.png]

[Image: siggymonkey.jpg]
05-15-2009 06:01 PM
Little Sara Offline

Quote:Umm, Sara did smart one. Aaite, make sure you make sense in your sentence SIR, since you didn't make jack.

Please don't insult people, and yes "sir" is an insult.

And no, I didn't say Rideword was custom. You said "Oh I flee it at 204, so you don't need 254", well yes you DO need 254, because we use the same Rideword eAthena uses, and that one needs 254 flee.

Quote:Oh, and btw, I'm 13, I'm supposed to be childish smart one.

You're supposed to annoy the heck out of people? Good luck making friends.

05-15-2009 06:11 PM
The Legendary Joe Offline
Raging Alt-a-holic

RE:??Anti-bot Gravity map design

Little Sara Wrote:Here is mine:

Rideword in CT2-3:
Pros: Makes bots teleport, map is empty. Clock hands are worth more zeny (when selling). Partying is more encouraged...if you can survive a Rideword a few seconds and have a Priest handy.

Cons: Needs a Creamy Clip or 50+ fly wings per trip. Leaves half-dead monsters. Clock hands are worth more zeny (when buying). Not an efficient leveling spot.

Pros:
  • ??Their job exp is better than their base, making them great for trans and extended classes as their job level maxes at job 70.
  • It helped me to learn how to play Wizard class better. (I did it without flywings and did decently /swt)
  • Memory bookmarks are good for business as it's required for stat/skill reset for I think lvl 70-89?
  • Other Custom quests utilize their rarer drops.
  • Torn Pages are decent OC-ing loot

Cons:
  • They're annoying
  • It feels like you're in detention.
  • Their base exp is lower than their job exp, making them sorta lousy for non-trans and TK class.
  • they tend to drain resources
  • May drive you somewhat insane if you stick to hunting them for a while because they refused to drop a card for you.
  • No abusable element
  • "Blood Sucking" Ridewords??most annoying skill seems to always hit regardless of flee, and restores a small amount of HP with what it drained from you

While I am not overly fond of Ridewords, I think they give the game a smidge of depth and character. Granted I sorta agree with the f2 ridewords, there aren't many ridewords at all on f3.
(This post was last modified: 05-15-2009 06:44 PM by The Legendary Joe.)
05-15-2009 06:39 PM
Ellie Offline
Bittersweet

RE:??Anti-bot Gravity map design

Little Sara Wrote:About the fly wings, the con is not the cost, but the weight. For a STR class, its not much of a problem, but casters and archers are not exactly STR classes.

I -am- an archer class.
I only ever touched Mosco on Ina once. At 98. At the second dungeon. For about 2 minutes.
What did I do for the majority of all of my levels? Went to other places. Carried flywings. With 1 STR.

It is easily doable.

Inasad
stop doing dickers
(This post was last modified: 05-15-2009 10:50 PM by Ellie.)
05-15-2009 10:49 PM
Little Sara Offline

Quote:Pros:

* Their job exp is better than their base, making them great for trans and extended classes as their job level maxes at job 70.
* It helped me to learn how to play Wizard class better. (I did it without flywings and did decently /swt)
* Memory bookmarks are good for business as it's required for stat/skill reset for I think lvl 70-89?
* Other Custom quests utilize their rarer drops.
* Torn Pages are decent OC-ing loot

There are 70 in CT1, why have them in CT2 or CT3? If you seek them specifically, you'll be delighted in CT1, they share the floor with Punks, but there's still plenty to go by. Also, since the floor is big, you rarely get mobbed by 3-4 of them at once. You still have no problem finding them though.

I went to hunt a Memory Bookmark in CT1, with a priest. It took about 10-15 minutes, we killed about 40 Ridewords, and my damage isn't exactly high.

05-15-2009 11:22 PM
Sakurato Away
Full Support Copycat

I don't know why you are even arguing, why anyone is arguing.

It's not gonna change no matter how many pros or cons you list. We get it, you don't like the maps the way they are. But, they're not gonna change.

Suggestion forum turning into debate forum >_>.

Kohana|Sinx
Euphorie|Champ
Sonatina|Gypsy
Sakurato|High Priest
Nozomi|Whitesmith
Sakura|Professor
Frejya|Sniper
Ayami|Creator
Anei|Stalker
Fumiko|High Wizard
05-15-2009 11:29 PM