Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Kafra Increase Weight skill
Cheesecake Offline
The Tasty Trap

RE: Kafra Increase Weight skill

I think I'l just abuse the pet system and leave str at 1, to create an even worse disadvantage/exploit. SN with 17,000 weight is so nice, and my cart holds 8000 so thats 25,000 weight capacity. Thats not breaking the game at all, as apposed to 10,000 ^_^

My apologies, but everyone seems to just be ignoring the fact that we already have increase weight limit 65 with pets, thats broken enough, and if nobody wants to fix that then I doubt this will be added. As logical as it may seem to some, or illogical to others, we can't change Panda's mind xD

[Image: 35iqbyd.png]
Cheesecake 93/99 SuperNovice | Hell 7x/4x Hybrid Hunter
Milkshake 7x/4x Knight | Lein 7x/4x Priest | Mystia 8x/5x Monk

05-16-2009 08:10 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
JJJ Offline
JJJ

XD my point was that priests and hunters are made so that they have to stop and restock up on arrows and blue gems.......

and we should stop making SN's sound like their built with the same balance as the other classes x3 super novices are made to be a mixture of a bunch of the weaker classes, to make a new semi powerful class, they are a mixture and thats why you can't include them in the weight limit discussion =/

super novices are suppose to be every class slapped in one so the usual ideas of weight limits on them don't really apply........ (that's my summation)

[Image: SignatureVersion22.png][Image: Liffinished-1-1.png]
I Love To Help So If You Ever Need Something Feel Free To PM Me ^_^
05-17-2009 12:17 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Little Sara Offline

The pets are still broken though, with the pets fixed, I don't see why not.

And stuff that is "by design" can evolve over time. Those weight parameters exist since like 2002 or 2003. Today we're in 2009.

We went from only having Hood, Muffler, Manteau and Ragamuffin for garment to having tons of them, slotted, not-slotted, parts of sets, with special effects, combos etc.

We went from only Sandals, Shoes and Boots to having a tons more footgear, with elemental protection, status bonuses. Even excluding Sleipnir, there's a ton more.

Similarly we went from having Normal, Fire and Silver arrows only to having over 25 types of arrows. The bows that 'combo' with the arrows are also new.

Little Sara 87/50 Assassin
PM me if you want to contact me, will more likely be replying than in-game (not always on Assassin).

[Image: 73962.jpg]
Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!
(This post was last modified: 05-17-2009 12:25 AM by Little Sara.)
05-17-2009 12:22 AM
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

RE:??Kafra Increase Weight skill

GM-Ayu Wrote:Royal decree from God (Pandora):

"No."

and there you have it.

This...means we ain't going to change her mind! :D
Yay, btw its GodDESS (Pandora).

[Image: OHeya.gif]

*Aaronock ~ *Ezekiel Stalker ~ *Maxwell Maximillion ~ *Fazil Reis ~ *Cecil Vega
05-17-2009 02:11 AM
Cheesecake Offline
The Tasty Trap

Just because something won't be changed doesnt mean all opinions are moot. I see no reason why you need to nip intelligent debates in the butt. If you dont want to see them dont click the thread.

[Image: 35iqbyd.png]
Cheesecake 93/99 SuperNovice | Hell 7x/4x Hybrid Hunter
Milkshake 7x/4x Knight | Lein 7x/4x Priest | Mystia 8x/5x Monk

05-20-2009 04:31 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

I think this debate finished since page 3 or so Icon_sad
We're just restating the same crap since then!

[Image: OHeya.gif]

*Aaronock ~ *Ezekiel Stalker ~ *Maxwell Maximillion ~ *Fazil Reis ~ *Cecil Vega
05-20-2009 08:05 AM
azurerogue Offline
One Dogma: THROW AD!

Here's why pet are NOT broken:

If you're under attack from a monster / player which would you rather have: blue gems/fish/pots in your inventory OR in your pet?

If you disconnect, which of the items go away: stuff in your inventory OR in your pet?

Which items can you use: items in your inventory OR in your pet?

Which items can be easily stolen / lost: items in your inventory OR in your pet?

Pets are fine.??On the other hand, giving those soul-linked Stalkers carrying ranked condensed whites another 2000 weight (400 more condensed whites), seems pretty game-breaking in WoE.??There are plenty of other ways in which increasing weight limit changes the metagame, but I thought that to be a nice extreme example.??Giving a PvM player a chance to stay in Abyss 3, or Sphinx 4, or Nameless 3 for 4 or 5 times longer than normal, on the other hand, really isn't a big deal.??Pets are a time-saver, while increasing a characters base weight limit is game-changing.

EDIT: For those who still don't get why adding +2000 base character weight is abusable... Carrying an extra 400 Ranked C. Whites into WoE means an additional 195,000 HP worth of healing AT LEAST (that's assuming 1 VIT, no pot-efficiency skills, and minimum healing from each potion) per run into a castle. God, I changed my mind, let's implement this - Albus would almost never die in WoE.

- Albus Dumbledore 99/70 Professor - Albus DumbIedore 92/59 Professor
- AIbus Dumbledore 93/50 Wizard - AIbus DumbIedore 1/1 Novice
- Astaroth 99/70 Creator - Dawkins 99/70 Creator
- Exemplar 98/69 Paladin - Equitas 80/47 Paladin
- Mephistopheles 95/65 Lord Knight - Shogo Kawada 97/67 Stalker
(This post was last modified: 05-20-2009 09:51 AM by azurerogue.)
05-20-2009 09:42 AM
GM-Ayu Offline
Uguu!

A correction to albus's argument: neither pets or items in your inventory ought to be stolen. They're both protected under heRO rules. The most you may have is if you unloaded, a party member's pet may loot it up (because they somehow didn't fill up all their pet's slot yet) so you need to waste time to sort out each other's stuff, but it's NEVER right to talk items from a pet.

There's not much to say about this topic. I think that GMs including Pandora, gave a very clear reply to this suggestion:

No

but thanks for the suggestion anyway.

05-20-2009 02:59 PM
azurerogue Offline
One Dogma: THROW AD!

I thought the word stolen had a strong enough connotation to imply that it was not something that is supposed to happen (even if it sometimes does).

- Albus Dumbledore 99/70 Professor - Albus DumbIedore 92/59 Professor
- AIbus Dumbledore 93/50 Wizard - AIbus DumbIedore 1/1 Novice
- Astaroth 99/70 Creator - Dawkins 99/70 Creator
- Exemplar 98/69 Paladin - Equitas 80/47 Paladin
- Mephistopheles 95/65 Lord Knight - Shogo Kawada 97/67 Stalker
05-20-2009 03:43 PM