Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Kafra Increase Weight skill
Monkey Feet Offline
Fated to be Hated

RE: Kafra Increase Weight skill

And you gatta remember now IRo's basically still running only for the money. That's where the donates kick in.

My question, why is it so hard for you while others have gone through this problems easily? Is putting some in str so hard? It's called sacrifices.

[Image: monkey.png]

[Image: siggymonkey.jpg]
05-16-2009 05:14 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Kretzer Offline
Fat-Ality

RE:??Kafra Increase Weight skill

Ellie Wrote:Making it a quest doesn't change the fact that it would mainly benefit the non-STR based classes, though. oO

Thats the whole point?

It will allow Str based chars to carry more Pots, and we love that. And give low Str chars more playing flexivility, and it doesn't forcefully have to be a Donate; like Monkey in his infite wisdom points.

And again, i stand in my "Try it before you deny it" point of view.
05-16-2009 05:18 AM
Little Sara Offline

I don't want 99 STR thank you.

My 62+8 STR is fine at my current level. I'll see to changing it later if I need to.

Maybe Gravity figured that the weight limit was too low for most characters and they thought "Why, we could fix it globally, but let's make it more interesting for those who pay a little" (2.50$ for 1 character getting increase weight 10, in the link I provided).

Third classes currently in testing have a pretty interesting max weight increase. Arch Bishop has 3030 max weight with 1 STR.

Little Sara 87/50 Assassin
PM me if you want to contact me, will more likely be replying than in-game (not always on Assassin).

[Image: 73962.jpg]
Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!
05-16-2009 05:18 AM
Kretzer Offline
Fat-Ality

Little Sara Wrote:I don't want 99 STR thank you.

My 62+8 STR is fine at my current level. I'll see to changing it later if I need to.

Maybe Gravity figured that the weight limit was too low for most characters and they thought "Why, we could fix it globally, but let's make it more interesting for those who pay a little" (2.50$ for 1 character getting increase weight 10, in the link I provided).

Third classes currently in testing have a pretty interesting max weight increase. Arch Bishop has 3030 max weight with 1 STR.

While i understand and agree with you, I would like to Not bring Third class game mechanics into this D=
While Gravity is trying to fix what they feel needs to be fixed, the new game mechanics are completely new and don't make a good comparing example when using it to back a current gameplay argument :X
05-16-2009 05:21 AM
Monkey Feet Offline
Fated to be Hated

I didn't say 99 str smart one.

God, you're more ignorant than me! And that's saying a whole lot.

Why in the world do you think they'd keep it at 1 str? They'd atleast go to 10~30 at most, depending on their build.

Trust me, it's not either 1 str or 99 str.

Lrn2plyntlk2miplox

[Image: monkey.png]

[Image: siggymonkey.jpg]
05-16-2009 05:23 AM
Little Sara Offline

Third classes have been tweaked and they'll probably be tweaked some more. Though my guess is 3-1 testing is coming to an end. 3-2 testing has started with Shadow Chaser.

The point being, if it was a broken mechanic, they'd refunded the Kafra points to the players who spent them, and have them pick something else from the Kafra Shop and have the bonus eradicated. But has this happened? Apparently not. So it doesn't seem to cause problems much.

Gravity fixed EDP which caused "problems", with Renewal (EDP stacking with skills won't quadruple the damage, but add 400% instead). Now EDP stops being broken. Kafra Shop has been there pretty much just as long. They didn't see a need to remove that item though.

--------

Is the problem that Hunters had to spend points in STR and now they'd save those points? I think it wasn't intended for them to spend any point in STR at all, but as equipment increased and arrows and all that, it figures the max weight wasn't enough.

If I put DEX as an Assassin, I get DEX/5 in attack, plus I get more hit and aspd (DEX/20). Hunter putting STR gets STR/5 as attack, and +30 max weight. Comparison much?

Little Sara 87/50 Assassin
PM me if you want to contact me, will more likely be replying than in-game (not always on Assassin).

[Image: 73962.jpg]
Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!
(This post was last modified: 05-16-2009 05:33 AM by Little Sara.)
05-16-2009 05:29 AM
Kretzer Offline
Fat-Ality

Little Sara Wrote:Third classes have been tweaked and they'll probably be tweaked some more. Though my guess is 3-1 testing is coming to an end. 3-2 testing has started with Shadow Chaser.

The point being, if it was a broken mechanic, they'd refunded the Kafra points to the players who spent them, and have them pick something else from the Kafra Shop and have the bonus eradicated. But has this happened? Apparently not. So it doesn't seem to cause problems much.

Gravity fixed EDP which caused "problems", with Renewal (EDP stacking with skills won't quadruple the damage, but add 400% instead). Now EDP stops being broken. Kafra Shop has been there pretty much just as long. They didn't see a need to remove that item though.

Im not saying renewal is wrong, im saying it has nothing to do with the gameplay mechanics we have RIGHT NOW, and should be left alone for the moment.

Monkey Feet Wrote:I didn't say 99 str smart one.

Why do you think they'd keep it at 1 str? They'd atleast go to 10~30 at most, depending on their build.

Trust me, it's not either 1 str or 99 str.

Im pretty sure the Gym Pass on iRO was made with WoE in mind (As anyone that pays to play on iRO AND pays for Kafra shop items just to idle in pront is??Pants on head Retarded), where being able to ignore str leaving it at 1 and using those points for something more usefull WoE wise (Vit anyone? :D ) is freaking great and a necessity for low Str characters like Mage and archer classes.

Let me isolate my point:

Being one of those low str jobs, and being able to leave str as 1 and not having to worry about weight is great and will help their survivability during WoE. Hence, i aprove.
(This post was last modified: 05-16-2009 05:40 AM by Kretzer.)
05-16-2009 05:39 AM
Bloodbane Away
¤†Hero of old times†¤

its not just hunters >_>, its the general pop of server, so stack up inc weight 10 + fish?

= hero High rate yaaaeeee

*quits server*

Never forget the old days.
[Image: screenheRO-Server124-1.jpg]

-~Proud husband, father, and the luckiest guy in the world.~-

Steam Profile
Youtube
05-16-2009 05:41 AM
Kretzer Offline
Fat-Ality

Bloodbane Wrote:its not just hunters >_>, its the general pop of server, so stack up inc weight 10 + fish?

= hero High rate yaaaeeee

*quits server*

Try giving me real reasons instead of just paranoic assumptions.

High Str chars already carry more Fish than they need to, Whitesmiths don't benefit from this as they already have inc weight 10. You won't even notice a difference(coming from high Str chars) PvP or PvM wise, and even less WoE wise; since you don't WoE.
(This post was last modified: 05-16-2009 05:57 AM by Kretzer.)
05-16-2009 05:56 AM
Cheesecake Offline
The Tasty Trap

I don't know why but I agree with this. Its tiresome being a hunter having supplies for emergency arrows and always being 50% having no natural recovery. Im tired of carrying pots enough to even when I have lower ammount of items I always will have 50% weight. There should be some sort of skill for classes that rely on 1-10 atk, like Archers, Mage classes, Novices, etc.

And Monkey, if you turn another completely good topic into Flame Bait I will personally send your post links to a GM since obviously nobody is seeing the havor you reek on threads.
Wikipedia Wrote:An ad hominem argument, also known as argumentum ad hominem (Latin: "argument to the man", "argument against the man") consists of replying to an argument or factual claim by attacking or appealing to a characteristic or belief of the source making the argument or claim, rather than by addressing the substance of the argument or producing evidence against the claim.

Ad hominem argument is most commonly used to refer specifically to the ad hominem abusive, or argumentum ad personam, which consists of criticizing or attacking the person who proposed the argument (personal attack) in an attempt to discredit the argument. It is also used when an opponent is unable to find fault with an argument, yet for various reasons, the opponent disagrees with it.

I personally think you're insecure with your own real life ability.

[Image: 35iqbyd.png]
Cheesecake 93/99 SuperNovice | Hell 7x/4x Hybrid Hunter
Milkshake 7x/4x Knight | Lein 7x/4x Priest | Mystia 8x/5x Monk

05-16-2009 06:28 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply