Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Kafra Increase Weight skill
Wallee Offline

RE: ??Kafra Increase Weight skill

Kretzer Wrote:
Bloodbane Wrote:its not just hunters >_>, its the general pop of server, so stack up inc weight 10 + fish?

= hero High rate yaaaeeee

*quits server*

Try giving me real reasons instead of just paranoic assumptions.

High Str chars already carry more Fish than they need to, Whitesmiths don't benefit from this as they already have inc weight 10. You won't even notice a difference(coming from high Str chars) PvP or PvM wise, and even less WoE wise; since you don't WoE.

Well, Weight capacity... I have a few good reason not too had it ...

-No str class(hunter/bard/wiz/sage,priest,monk) are the classes that lvl the fastest.(all elemental,TU,Asura) Why help them even more?

-Hero backPack would no longer be usefull...(inc weight 1 and 2)

-pecopeco sader with 10k weight? no thanks...
05-16-2009 07:02 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Kretzer Offline
Fat-Ality

RE:????Kafra Increase Weight skill

Wallee Wrote:Well, Weight capacity... I have a few good reason not too had it ...

-No str class(hunter/bard/wiz/sage,priest,[lol]monk[/lol]) are the classes that lvl the fastest.(all elemental,TU,Asura) Why help them even more?

No str jobs tend to invest around 30 str into their weight limit so they can level at an optimal speed, giving them more weight means they'll level at the same speed than before, only easier and with a less wasted points. Why must high str chars be the only ones with optimal builds not having to waste points?

Wallee Wrote:-Hero backPack would no longer be usefull...(inc weight 1 and 2)

And? XD
Hero Backpack already has a really good giftbox drop without taking an armor slot, leaving it open for usefull stuff (Earth Deleter anyone?)
Advanced backpack giftbox drop rate is crazy enough for me to ignore its weight usefullness.

Wallee Wrote:-pecopeco sader with 10k weight? no thanks...

Kretzer Wrote:High Str chars already carry more Fish than they need to, Whitesmiths don't benefit from this as they already have inc weight 10. You won't even notice a difference(coming from high Str chars) PvP or PvM wise, and even less WoE wise; [saiichi]since you don't WoE[/saiichi].
05-16-2009 07:23 AM
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

RE: Kafra Increase Weight skill

I'm mixed on this. Sure i LOVE to be able to carry more things on my prof or stalker in WoE or PvM. They can't hold crap *stalkers have the base weight limit as a mage class, which is less than archer second class!!!!* However even though we would be able to carry more its just the distribution of stats now change. If on stalker I can get increase weight limit 10, screw using str now for my stalker, I'm getting int, I won't need the str now. How does this change my build, or in other classes, other player's builds? I don't know but that 25 int is a good bit of sp on a stalker, and it normally woulda gone to str. I'm also one for saying no to this just cause a change like this, no matter how much I might like it is a change Gravity did in the beginning have diff weight limits probably for a reason, and iRO isn't always right. :x

Backpack can still give increase weight 1, just an easier way to do it if a quest were implemented.

[Image: OHeya.gif]

*Aaronock ~ *Ezekiel Stalker ~ *Maxwell Maximillion ~ *Fazil Reis ~ *Cecil Vega
05-16-2009 10:39 AM
Sakurato Away
Full Support Copycat

My Whitesmith's weight: 8200

My Bow Rogues Weight/Wizard/Sage/HP....: 2.5k on average.

It would be pretty cool if they could add it.

Kohana|Sinx
Euphorie|Champ
Sonatina|Gypsy
Sakurato|High Priest
Nozomi|Whitesmith
Sakura|Professor
Frejya|Sniper
Ayami|Creator
Anei|Stalker
Fumiko|High Wizard
05-16-2009 01:18 PM
Bloodbane Away
¤†Hero of old times†¤

Lol but, I am A sniper with 1 str, I Carry A ton shit of gears, arrows etc, I carry at least 15 Iron Quivers,My Gears arent light at all and awakes , etc.

WHY DO YOU NEED MORE WEIGHT WHEN I DO PERFECTLY FINE :O??

IF I can do it you can do it.I dont even have a pet with me around to carry my crap.

Secondly, Why the heck is the 3rd classes new svn game mechanics being mixed in here??

It is already speculated that we wont have em for a loooooooooooooooong time,so its no use trying to add those in since all you will do is confuse the topic even more.

and thirdly, this server isnt a donation pay Server,so they cant possibly add em in to accept donations and bla bla bla.

Fourth, Class balance would be broken, Mining will also be affected and deemed exploitable,among many other things that are in the server.

Fifth, Adding this will break game play severely and make the server incredibly unfair for certain classes, we already have pets that can carry stuff.The server is ultra costumized and should be left as it is, just because some person is whining about weight and not having knowledge about the pet system doesnt mean we will have a radical change as this just because she says is "official", Keep in mind that the guys back in KRO and IRO Have fucked up serveral times before and we don't need to add in those mistakes into our server.

IMO if we didnt have pets, or mining id be like Yeah go ahead, and cool yes more weight.

But we do have pets that can carry a TON SHIT of Suplies.

Furthermore to add to my argument above, if the weight is added then i suggest pet skills be disabled.
"since its official"

Never forget the old days.
[Image: screenheRO-Server124-1.jpg]

-~Proud husband, father, and the luckiest guy in the world.~-

Steam Profile
Youtube
05-16-2009 01:21 PM
Little Sara Offline

Quote:Lol but, I am A sniper with 1 str, I Carry A ton shit of gears, arrows etc, I carry at least 15 Iron Quivers,My Gears arent light at all and awakes , etc.

WHY DO YOU NEED MORE WEIGHT WHEN I DO PERFECTLY FINE :O??

Cause it's an official change.

Why you need more attack than a Main Gauche[4] when everyone can do perfectly fine with it? Because you can choose something else.

Quote:Secondly, Why the heck is the 3rd classes new svn game mechanics being mixed in here??

It is already speculated that we wont have em for a loooooooooooooooong time,so its no use trying to add those in since all you will do is confuse the topic even more.

I'm sure that as soon as renewal mechanics are stabilized (as in, finished testing), eAthena coders will rush to get it implemented. But yeah it's not relevant to this discussion.

Quote:and thirdly, this server isnt a donation pay Server,so they cant possibly add em in to accept donations and bla bla bla.

One word: Quest

Quote:Fourth, Class balance would be broken, Mining will also be affected and deemed exploitable,among many other things that are in the server.

Yeah I'm sure a Whitesmith with 8200 weight, a cart with 8000 weight, and a pet with 15,000 weight (31k max weight) is not exploiting mining - currently!

Quote:Fifth, Adding this will break game play severely and make the server incredibly unfair for certain classes, we already have pets that can carry stuff.The server is ultra costumized and should be left as it is, just because some person is whining about weight and not having knowledge about the pet system doesnt mean we will have a radical change as this just because she says is "official", Keep in mind that the guys back in KRO and IRO Have f***ed up serveral times before and we don't need to add in those mistakes into our server.

IMO if we didnt have pets, or mining id be like Yeah go ahead, and cool yes more weight.

Furthermore to add to my argument above, if the weight is added then i suggest pet skills be disabled.
"since its official"

I agree, disable pet skills. Carrying 15,000 weight is way overkill. I don't think looter pets on official were able to carry so much. Let pets attack when loyal, but no skills until official fixes them or re-implements them. Looting pets should be fixed to have reasonable max weight (A cute poring can't hold 1000 times its weight).

You can't bring pets in woe, so not having the +2000 weight disadvantages low STR classes.

I don't think it's disbalanced to be able to carry 2000 more weight for mining though. If pets are disabled.

You'd have that same whitesmith from earlier with 8200+8000, with 2000 added, from 16k to 18k max weight. Not a significant increase. And say, my Assassin go from 4200 to 6200, not really abuseable (I make trips of 7 minutes...with 60 picks, I would make trips of 100 picks).

It would help Hunter to go from 2700 or w/e the weight limit to 4700. Reaching 1350 weight is so fast, but 2350 weight is reasonable (50% weight). Same for Mage. Even if you don't NEED it.

I don't need Thief Ring accessories either, but I'll be glad to get some once ep 13 hits.

Little Sara 87/50 Assassin
PM me if you want to contact me, will more likely be replying than in-game (not always on Assassin).

[Image: 73962.jpg]
Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!
05-16-2009 02:50 PM
Cheesecake Offline
The Tasty Trap

Saiichii just sort of threw a bunch of nonsense in there, it would seem. I don't mean to insult but you did, Saii. You sort of contradicted yourself all over the place.

+2000 weight making the game WAY UNBALANCED? How is that even the issue? You already have pets throwing the weight thing into an abyssmal pit of unbalance.

So what other proof do you need? I dont want to carry around a pet to carry loot for me when I could have a skill, yet I have the option to gain 15,000 weight capacity from a pet if I deem it fit, I would much prefer a simple gain of +2000, or anything from that down to 1. I think its fair for the classes that dont get strength to be able to collect loot aswell without an ass load of trips to Kafra.

Weight is limited in TOH already, so it won't break that either.

[Image: 35iqbyd.png]
Cheesecake 93/99 SuperNovice | Hell 7x/4x Hybrid Hunter
Milkshake 7x/4x Knight | Lein 7x/4x Priest | Mystia 8x/5x Monk

05-16-2009 03:01 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Kretzer Offline
Fat-Ality

RE:??Kafra Increase Weight skill

Bloodbane Wrote:Lol??but, I am A sniper with 1 str, I Carry A ton shit of gears, arrows etc, I carry at least 15 Iron Quivers,My Gears arent light at all and awakes , etc.

This change is heavily WoE Oriented, as im pretty sure your gears are 100% PvM, while most of the best WoE gears tend to have a??massive weight factor(Glit jackets / Valk Armors for example).

Bloodbane Wrote:WHY DO YOU NEED MORE WEIGHT WHEN I DO PERFECTLY FINE :O??

IF I can do it you can do it.I dont even have a pet with me around to carry my crap.

Awesome reasoning!

Bloodbane Wrote:Secondly, Why the heck is the 3rd classes new svn game mechanics being mixed in here??

I agree, renewal mechanics should be left alone. They have nothing to do with current RO mechanics, except for the name. Icon_razz

Bloodbane Wrote:and thirdly, this server isnt a donation pay Server,so they cant possibly add em in to accept donations and bla bla bla.
We already said it would be nice to have a quest for it.
Its pretty much a heRO standard that everything that has the Word "Donation" in it, is to be changed for "Horribly Difficult yet rewarding quest"

Bloodbane Wrote:Fourth, Class balance would be broken, Mining will also be affected and deemed exploitable,among many other things that are in the server.

Fifth, Adding this will break game play severely and make the server incredibly unfair for certain classes.

How?

Most of your arguments are based on your apocaliptic premonitions, yet you never give any reasons as to Why the Hell will that make our server so hideously broken that you will cry and leave.

Bloodbane Wrote:we already have pets that can carry stuff.

Pets are as unreliable as having a retarded blob with ADD Carry your stuff. 1 DC or logging out by accident will result in losing all of your precious Cargo.

Besides, this change was made on iRO with WoE in mind, i dare you to bring a Pet to WoE and have it carry your stuff.

Bloodbane Wrote:The server is ultra costumized and should be left as it is, just because some person is whining about weight and not having knowledge about the pet system doesnt mean we will have a radical change as this just because she says is "official", Keep in mind that the guys back in KRO and IRO Have fucked up serveral times before and we don't need to add in those mistakes into our server.

Ok so, the server is fine as it is? And needs absolutely no changes?
Are you serious? Are you reading what you type? Any server needs to be in a constant state of renewal, repair, trial and error. Or else, the server will just get stuck and die.

You do realize theres lots of work that needs to be done and lots of things that could be improved? This is one of those things that could be improved for the best.

Bloodbane Wrote:IMO if we didnt have pets, or mining id be like Yeah go ahead, and cool yes more weight.

I already stated what i think of pets.
Say, how many different classs do you see mining/fishing? Barely anything besides merchant class.
Serious miners/fishers will always use Merchant classes or a high str character.
Even with increase weight 10, theres no real advantage any class would have against merchants in the mining/fishing territory.

Bloodbane Wrote:Furthermore to add to my argument above, if the weight is added then i suggest pet skills be disabled.
"since its official"

What?
Sure go ahead, i hate pets anyway.
(This post was last modified: 05-16-2009 03:12 PM by Kretzer.)
05-16-2009 03:05 PM
Cheesecake Offline
The Tasty Trap

Perfect hide is kinda... ... ....
broken.

[Image: 35iqbyd.png]
Cheesecake 93/99 SuperNovice | Hell 7x/4x Hybrid Hunter
Milkshake 7x/4x Knight | Lein 7x/4x Priest | Mystia 8x/5x Monk

05-16-2009 03:20 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Little Sara Offline

RE:??Kafra Increase Weight skill

Cheesecake Wrote:Perfect hide is kinda... ... ....
broken.

Boss and mini-boss can detect perfect hide, their "boss status" overrides player skills.

Ghostring will detect a Smokie user. So will Angeling.

Little Sara 87/50 Assassin
PM me if you want to contact me, will more likely be replying than in-game (not always on Assassin).

[Image: 73962.jpg]
Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!
05-16-2009 03:35 PM