Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Fake cards - Accompany
GM-Ayu Offline
Uguu!

RE: Fake cards - Accompany

Frogboy Wrote:i had forgotten about that, thanks kadar for pointing that out to me. a way to change it up is to see if that person has that card equipped in a slot already, and if not, then allow the buff, and should they decide to unequip that item the buff would dispell. that would then allow for a bit better balance, as you wouldn't be able to stack card effects then, in any way whatsoever.

I'll get hydra card duped for my skel worker infiltrator kthxbai Sweat

It's very easy to bypass the system by using cards with extremely similar effect. As for making utility cards like horong, hey that's what box of sunlight is for, or better yet, get a sage for your WoE guild if you need spell breaker or dispel and so on. If you need lv 3 food with 'fake cards' you might as well just cook it yourself cause their chance of dropping from the cards is only 0.3%. 15 min of a card to drop on 0.3% you might as well cook it yourself.

As for Kafra Items, like mentioned some of them are in Hatter Prizes already such. We do have plans to release more Kafra items as we filter out the ones that are overly powerful, and release items that are more acceptable and balancing.

Spoiler: I do see some kafra items (spoiler: life potion, magic defense potion, etc) at least certified for the next upcoming custom, along with other unobtainable items (spoiler: Angel Dress, Holy Dagger, Inferno, etc) and items that are greatly sought after (spoiler: glove[1], royal gold bullion, etc) . We beta-tested it, and found that it lacks clear instructions on what to do, so that's why we're just expanding the instruction aspect of the next custom. Otherwise, it's ready to go.

It was supposed to be released like around now, but then better not rush and leave everyone confused on not knowing what to do ;p

08-30-2008 04:43 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Frogboy Offline
Posting Freak

well then, what about checking for number of slots on a weapon, and if all the slots are filled, then you can't use any duped cards at all, and of course if a weapon has more than one slot and is completely empty of cards you still couldn't use more than one card at a time, so it would then limit things to the way they are now, meaning if you had say a main gauche[4], and had 1 hydra in it, you couldn't use a hydra card, but you could use a skel worker to see how that would affect your damage, and if you had both cards, you couldn't use either, but you could maybe use an ele card instead.

it wouldn't be a perfect system for testing out effects, but that's why it would make it more beneficial to actually farm for the cards themselves and put them in the weapon slots, but it could give people a bit of a chance to see how different cards work, and what their affect would be, without having to spend hours farming the card, putting it in a slot, then testing and seeing that they just wasted that effort.

i am actually not really for this, just wanting to play devil's advocate and bring out as many flaws as possible to this type of game breaking feature addition
(This post was last modified: 08-30-2008 08:12 PM by Frogboy.)
08-30-2008 08:10 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Maiden Offline

The Giant Fwing sounds like a lot of fun Icon_biggrin I can only imagine how much damage I could do though seeing has a have an itchy fwing trigger Icon_lol

I'm afraid I don't really like the card thing either, though it is an interesting idea Ok

(Hi MidnightSun! Have you read Twilight yet? xD)

[Image: 2vxg4n5.png]
08-31-2008 11:43 AM
GM-Pandora Offline
Admin Extraordinaire

I don't think the fake card idea is doable easily nor easy to balance, sorry.

As for the giant fly wings, we did mention it would possibly be available with Bee Wings, so far that still stands.

And for Kafra Shop items, we already designed something for some of those, it's still in testing phase however (obviously unlike kafra shop it does NOT involve real cash), Ayu mentioned it a little, it should be coming out next month if we iron out all the little details.

As always, we're grateful for suggestions, but they can't all be added, thanks anyway.

~ Server Admin ~
Vote daily to help us grow!
Review us on RateMyServer every 6 months!
Have a problem? Use the Support Ticket System!
Join the Test&Dev team to help out!
09-01-2008 10:26 AM