Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Where did you first experience RO?
GM-Pandora Offline
Admin Extraordinaire

RE: Where did you first experience RO?

RO is such an addictive game, despite its average graphic and lack of actual storyline and interesting quests, I've been playing it for over 5 years.

We prefer that people don't name other server, but for long-closed servers it's borderline, just don't make a habit out of it please.

I started on a small server, then when that died the people I was playing with (real life friends) moved around a few servers until we settled on mob it had troubled time and was down for a week, we left in search of a new server again, tried a few and stayed on the aforementioned XeRO where quite a few heRO oldies are from. We got bored of XeRO and its troubles and unbalance and decided to make our own server, heRO.

My hwiz name was Tiya there and my guild was Chevalier du Lys (CDL), also know as the french guild.

~ Server Admin ~
Vote daily to help us grow!
Review us on RateMyServer every 6 months!
Have a problem? Use the Support Ticket System!
Join the Test&Dev team to help out!
07-22-2009 08:44 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Buffalo Bob Offline
Your Friendly Neighborhood Market Keeper

I met Krispy (My name for Whispers.??You see, his name is Kris.??I started calling him Krispers when I saw the Whispers name, but Krispy is funnier Icon_razz) on Yahoo chess back in the day when he was still playing.??He was always talking about RO and every now and again he had to leave a game because of some appointment on there.

I grew curious to say the least.??Been stuck ever since.??Though I don't have you kids' free time.??Laugh

I've only played two places.??XeRO and heRO.??Krispy was on XeRO when I met him.??After XeRO went south I didn't want to look for another server.??I felt my time was done.??Then when Krispy found a new server he enjoyed I gave it a try because he would shut up about this one even less than he would sthu about XeRO!??Laugh

He also has fine RO tastes.??I trusted his judgement especially since he said he was looking for so long.??Icon_biggrin

-bb-

*edit - Yes, Panda.??Very addictive.??Ok

-bb-

[Image: style2,Buffalo-spc-Bob.png]

[Image: Zeny.gif]
(This post was last modified: 07-22-2009 09:22 AM by Buffalo Bob.)
07-22-2009 09:21 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Yetipunk Offline

ah yes tiya i remember now haha

for some reason i was thinking of gm ben/ragnar ... i think

coocoocachoo
(This post was last modified: 07-22-2009 04:43 PM by Yetipunk.)
07-22-2009 04:42 PM
zanias Offline
It was in our own hearts, all of us.

Oh Tiya! Yes I'm pretty sure you froze me a few times. >_>
Oh well, we all love you for it.

Whispers has a point. How can all you cool people congregate on such a server as heRO? You should all be ashamed of yourselves!

So here's an interesting bit. Aside from I don't know how many versions of the XeRO server I played on... I must have played on about 4 or so other servers all of which dying upon my reaching lvl 85ish. I'm lvl 70 folks, should I keep going?

[Image: 30086811_2135620823427028_3680913343494750208_n.jpg]
07-22-2009 04:56 PM
Whispers Offline
from the Abyss

HeRO's been around for a good while now, I think it's stable enough for you to continue, Zanias.??=p

Then again, if you're saying you're cursed then perhaps you shouldn't continue.??I'd PK, KS, and Loot you for the rest of your RO career if you caused HeRO to shut down.??xp

[Image: K2CmgOR.png]
07-22-2009 05:42 PM
Ellie Offline
Bittersweet

If I managed to trans without the server exploding, you'll be fine hitting 85, Zanias.

Inasad
stop doing dickers
07-22-2009 05:45 PM
wtfmate Offline

On a 10x server called Legacy RO. It was perfect, and the community was lovely, funny and interesting. I've been playing that server for almost a year until it shut down. Then I started moving on to mid rates, and after a while, high rates. I became bored of both in the end, I just wanted to have that fresh start again. Just like the times I had in Legacy RO, and so my friend succeeded in persuading me to join this server.

[Image: SERENESIGNATURE.png]
Hey, my name is Fayth.
Use it.
07-23-2009 06:15 AM
Matrim Cauthon Jr Offline
Bipolarsexual

I'm am iRO vet. played it from 2003-2005. Since then I've played at least 8 private servers before I joined Hero. A few were fun, but died. Hero reminds me more of the old iRO.
07-23-2009 12:21 PM
Meatballs Offline
Baka User

The very first server i played was pRO or "Project" ro at the age of 8.
Of course i didn't understand it at that age and quit after 15 levels but a few years after i joined again and hopped from server-to-server.
The best time i had was in RebirthRO. Not because of the rates and ease of playing the server but because of the laid-back community and the one crazy guild that never failed to make me laugh out loud.

IGN: Meatballs
07-25-2009 06:13 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mahawirasd Offline
Posting Freak

anyway i actually played a very short stint in 2002 when (official) IdRO started out (Loki was it) just to test it out before it was P2P... all i remembered was going mage and bolting spores and byalan 1 or 2... didn't get over lv 15 IIRC... hated RO for killing nexia... still does, actually...
played a bit this and that in the official server, mainly just there for the fun playing/helping a friend with his multitude of chars, but mostly i messed things up and just played around... server was official 1x and bot-ridden since the early days...

personally started out ~1.5 years ago in an official server from Indonesia called PVP IdRO (any job-2 up or lv 51+ char is open for PVP in most maps and you lose 3% per PK death)... it's basically the grandfather of iRO's valk server... no b/f wings or creamy or tele... basically RO but not RO... without the concept of b/f wings and tele RO becomes your regular MMORPG... made a 99 agi SL and agi priest as well as other just-for-fun chars... Laugh
learned how to bot after grinding like a stupid guy for 3x lvls as apparently everyone there botted... got more interested in learning to macro rather than trans, decided to retire because the server seemed to become pointless...
sticked around with the botting community to learn more about macros, however i soon found out that < 5 ppl were actually there doing anything, all the others were just mooching...
never perfected that macro to use firewall effectively... but basic stuff like buffs, stop-follow,warp, even anti-PK as well as counter-PK was easily done...
was kinda cool "seeing" your bots in action performing complex macros although i must admit that to some extent i'm still kinda disappointed for not being able to make the bot account for other enemies properly to make the most of firewall...

anyhow, decided to browse for another server, one that would be enjoyable for my then-GF too... went to RMS, looked at the reviews and websites of several low-rates, saw a particular one with a very good donation system and i was hooked... the rest is history...

-w-
07-25-2009 11:00 AM