Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Reset Master
Gabihime Offline
Seraphic Diva

RE: Reset Master

I definitely agree that cheap resets are lame and pretty game breaking. I feel that if you're at any level then you can afford the reset for that level. The reset is really great if you've tried out something and it isn't working as well as you'd hoped, so you get a chance to reallocate some points.

(It also broke the tedium of leveling a Soul Linker through TKG).

But I think being reset-happy sucks and takes away the point of playing different builds in the first place. I have a FS Priest now, and I was thinking of making a TU or ME priest in the future. I don't want to just be resetting my FS priest all the time. Sweat She's FS. She's not supposed to be TU or ME.

IMO, if you want cheap resets you should be on a high rate anyway. Seems like that's the kind of atmosphere you'd be looking for.

Ok

As somebody mentioned there's even a cap on how expensive resets can be. If you're resetting fifty billion times at level 99, then you deserve to pay out the wang for it XD Also, you can afford it XDD

Gabriel Marelle: FS Priestess - 9x/50
Gabriel Czerwonakowa: Esma Bolter SL - 99/50
Irahlem Marelle: Acid Demo Creator - 7x/3x
Jibreel Marelle: Service Dancer - 9x/50
Therese Chevalier: Duelist Knight - 9x/50
Rikku J. Cidolphus: Stealing All You've Got In Your
Pockets
-7x/4x

A Lovesong
of Rooks
01-01-2010 04:21 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Ultima_Pi Offline
Queen Bitch of the Universe

Put all of them (multiples of a class) on one account?

Most build changes require gear changes too. I think I'd rather lose a few seconds un-gearing, tossing into storage, swapping chars, and re-gearing then a few minutes re-acquiring the money / resetting stats and skills.

Marivel, Sidewinder - 99 Lady Sniper
Melody Vilente - 99 High Priestess
Yuugi Hoshiguma - 99 Champion

Gojira Wrote:Your keyboards aren't lightsabers bros...
01-01-2010 04:35 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
azurerogue Offline
One Dogma: THROW AD!

The cap is 20M per reset, that hardly counts.

Also, this has been brought up before (by me). Here's the post if you're interested: link.

- Albus Dumbledore 99/70 Professor - Albus DumbIedore 92/59 Professor
- AIbus Dumbledore 93/50 Wizard - AIbus DumbIedore 1/1 Novice
- Astaroth 99/70 Creator - Dawkins 99/70 Creator
- Exemplar 98/69 Paladin - Equitas 80/47 Paladin
- Mephistopheles 95/65 Lord Knight - Shogo Kawada 97/67 Stalker
01-01-2010 04:38 PM
Lunch Offline
Tasty Omelette.

RE:??Reset Master

Gabihime Wrote:I definitely agree that cheap resets are lame and pretty game breaking.??I feel that if you're at any level then you can afford the reset for that level.??The reset is really great if you've tried out something and it isn't working as well as you'd hoped, so you get a chance to reallocate some points.
Yup! I like to think carefully through my builds instead of spending millions at reset master every hour of gameplay. If anyone could do that anytime, I'm afraid there would be no people with original and flexible builds either. Thinking
01-01-2010 04:46 PM
Adrillf Offline
Google Me

The point of the reseter is not allow people to change as they see fit whenever they want, but to instead allow a possible route for a person to change when they have thought it out and really need the reset.

The reson it's so expensive for upper levels is that the theory is that by the time you're 9x trans, you know what to do and what not to do, so you shouldn't need the resetter.

If you want to change a lot, be prepared to spend money. It's that simple.

I'm completly convinced that having a resetter on this server, even if it was twice as expensive as it is now, is an amazing thing. To be able to level up to the level you want, and then change builds just so you can do more damage is an amazing thing. Try to level up a creator in AD build, or a champ in asura build. It can work through the 60'x and 70's, but it surely isn't as easy as building to a different build, power through to the 80's or 90's and suddenly it's a different story.

I love the resetter as a possibility in case of screwing up, or as a last moment thing. I don't think that it should be used daily/weekly/ or even monthly by the same character. If there wasn't a zenny cost in the resetter, I would push for a time limit between resets. Something simple like it taking 1 day per level you are before you can reset again. Sure it'd be free, but you'd have to wait for three months before you could change again if you didn't like your build.

I say leave it as it is.
01-01-2010 08:00 PM
azurerogue Offline

Adrillf Wrote:If there wasn't a zenny cost in the resetter, I would push for a time limit between resets. Something simple like it taking 1 day per level you are before you can reset again. Sure it'd be free, but you'd have to wait for three months before you could change again if you didn't like your build.

I know you weren't offering that as a system you'd actually be in favor of, but I would LOVE that (well, not anymore, since I already have two creators - but I'd have loved that back before I made the second one).

01-01-2010 09:23 PM
Reaper Offline
Taekwon Boy

I see that im lonely in my fight... I understand if this would be an RP server and character reset would be connected with difficult quest . But it's not an RP .
I realy don't understand why changing builds frequently annoy you so much . I think that it :

- Decreaces amount of players that would participate??in WoE an PvP.

- Because of low amount of forging characters would decrease number of
player's weapon an elixirs.

-It may scare off newcomers.

Gabihime Wrote:IMO, if you want cheap resets you should be on a high rate anyway.??Seems like that's the kind of atmosphere you'd be looking for.

Ok

Yes and not . I like low exp rates because every stage of character's growth is enjoyable . But making this same type of character is boring , because I could make for example assasin instead of second knight. I don't like low drop rates because, if you want an item you must stay in one area for houres which is also boring. I don't need resetter for changing something beacause i messed up , but I just want to participate in PvP and WoE without making couple of milions per day. You may say I'm lazy , but I just don't have time for this . Furthermore you can say this same about people that use @autoloot and /noctrl

"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?
               Then he is not omnipotent.
               Is he able, but not willing?
                Then he is malevolent.
              Is he both able, and willing?
               Then whence cometh evil?
             Is he both neither able nor willing?
              Then why call him God?"
~Epicurus

Characters :
Sir Avalien (Swordman)
Mendelejew (Merchant)
(This post was last modified: 01-02-2010 07:13 AM by Reaper.)
01-02-2010 07:12 AM
Mort Offline
Jens is NOT from Jennifer :P

Yeah, as for now, it seems you're the only one who actually complains about it. Server has pretty intense WoE and I see new players every day.

*cough* Maybe it's about the type of players the server attracts, and they're okay with no or expensive reseter cause they don't expect a cheap one on server like this. I certainly wouldn't. It simply doesn't fit into the overall setting of heRO.

And anyway, there's no point in discussing this matter after all. AFAIK heRO's been running for about four years, right? Well then, implementing such a major change is nearly impossible after the server's been running for that long. For it would surely piss off a lot of people who had to go through all the troubles and now some whiny newbies will get it almost for free? I'm afraid it might result in exodus of players, or growing discontent that'd surely manifest itself in the future.

(oh by the way, I am a newbie too. Don't get fooled by my join date, I've been here just for a few days back then and now I made my way back just a short time ago. Can't say I exactly like it, but I accept is as it fits the world of heRO.)

Quote:If you say 'plz' because it is shorter than 'Please' then I'll say 'no' because it's shorter than 'yes'.
(This post was last modified: 01-02-2010 10:55 AM by Mort.)
01-02-2010 10:53 AM
azurerogue Offline

Actually, Mort, it was only (relatively) recently - a bit before the time of the thread that I linked to in post 13 in this thread - that the resetter started increasing the cost of resets based on the number of times you had reset.

If resets were a few million, I could deal with that. What I don't like is that eventually I'm punished for wanting to brew AD materials and use AD materials on the same character by having to pay 20 million PER RESET. I understand that this is an attempt to limit the frequency of resets, but I'd prefer if resets stayed a reasonable cost and we just put a time limit on how often you can reset or something.

But, anyways, it's already been stated (I believe) that the system will not change. Which is why I have two creators in my signature - because high level reset costs on heRO are unreasonable for, specifically, Creators - whose primary class skill relies on being able to brew while the build to most effectively use that primary skill does not favor "real" brewing stats.

01-02-2010 12:52 PM
Sepharius Offline
:3

RE: ??Reset Master

Reaper Wrote:Yes and not . I like low exp rates because every stage of character's growth is enjoyable . But making this same type of character is boring , because I could make for example assasin instead of second knight. I don't like low drop rates because, if you want an item you must stay in one area for houres which is also boring.

No offense dude, but you really sound like you'd rather play a high rate than heRO. If you don't like low drop rates, why are you on a low rate in the first place?

Reaper Wrote:I don't need resetter for changing something beacause i messed up , but I just want to participate in PvP and WoE without making couple of milions per day.

You can always do that. You don't even need to reset to do it. If you're repeatedly resetting, of course it's going to stack up (even if it was 5k, if you're resetting like crazy it's still going to stack up). The only real reason why I'd ever want to reset is if I was a Creator trying to brew, and even then that's pretty insane too. And like I said:

Sepharius Wrote:Resets are there in case you made a mistake, not because you decided to change builds (though you can use it to do that, too).

IMO, just having a reset NPC at all is a major luxury.

Reaper Wrote:You may say I'm lazy , but I just don't have time for this . Furthermore you can say this same about people that use @autoloot and /noctrl
Laziness and mechanics designed to make it easier for the player are two entirely different things.

[Image: chibiscorp.jpg]
Want Third class sprites? Click here!
01-02-2010 01:07 PM