Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Limiting Merchants
Gojira Offline
truth hurts

RE: Limiting Merchants

But seriously, I didn't post this as a troll, I posted this because I'm trying to see who would take care of this.....GMs are busy enough as it is and I doubt they want to start hiring some mods who take care of checking every shop....

[Image: 14tph6o.png]
01-18-2011 08:21 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
RoChickita Offline
Fluffy things are soft

Who said anything about checking shops. Its just a script that auto kicks (autotrade) vendors after a certain amount of time Icon_wink

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRXX_NFn-pG-HH6B4nYvYe...yhUChJyYaI]
01-18-2011 10:38 PM
Gojira Offline
truth hurts

And of course, you will program that for the GM team right? =p

[Image: 14tph6o.png]
01-18-2011 11:26 PM
Aaronock Offline
Ethereal Engineer

I am just saying it can be done. \o/
But I'll constantly throw it up on these topics of this nature cause the suggestion I feel I made was better than many of the others were. :x

[Image: OHeya.gif]

*Aaronock ~ *Ezekiel Stalker ~ *Maxwell Maximillion ~ *Fazil Reis ~ *Cecil Vega
01-18-2011 11:45 PM
Matrim Cauthon Jr Offline
Bipolarsexual

RE:??Limiting Merchants

RoChickita Wrote:1-2 merchs per IP isn't a bad idea if ppl play on the same IP. It's easier to share items/profit that way Icon_razz

I support the 72h autotrade limit. I don't support the IP limit because as Kittie said, some may not want to share.

Also, the autotrade command itself is totally fine. People can multitask. Without it, you couldn't hunt or party or do anything else while vending. Other than sleep/eat/go afk.
01-19-2011 12:07 PM
Cassandra Offline
Lost

well, can always create a vendor harbor and not count those guys.

Cassie-Assasin Cross 99
McGuyver-Creator 98
Eralia-High Priest 99
01-19-2011 11:44 PM
RoChickita Offline
Fluffy things are soft

I totally agree with Aaronock. My IP limiting argument was purely to get ppl to be like "OMG NO THIS SUCKS STFU" because forums are dead Icon_razz

@Gojira, it is not something complex. I dunno why yer freaking out "omg so much work", this should be simple. It's not like a whole new quest or a whole new skill that needs to be coded Icon_razz

It's weird how ppl are so afraid of change lol

01-20-2011 05:12 PM
Fabre Offline
Novangel

id say that since there is finally a great idea about the various problems auto venders cause. that we should do a poll about the 72hour vending. its obvious the ip idea was mearly an alteranative idea to compare the 72h idea with so lets not focus on the bad ideas in this thread, instead i am interested more in the shareing about the good ones, lets not turn this into a troll thread, we finally have a tread that is decent about this topic, and id llike to see serious discussions about this topic. especially towards the 72 hour idea. i know the selfish and over rich obviously will be against this idea at least a little. but lets put our personal flaws to the side and figure if this is benifitial to all, and not just one group.

my vote goes to yes for 72h vending. and if this thread stays mature and intellegent, i will be back to post why i feal it is a good idea and why i dont.

luvs

"Lady" Fabre, and the house of Luvs.
WS-96, LK-96, SL-97,
Wzd-89, Sge-93, HP-96,
Chmp-90, Rge-94, arch-96,
(@who2 fabre) if you need help with something.
http://www.pandoraonline.net/support/
^short cut,for support ticket^
01-20-2011 05:51 PM
RoChickita Offline
Fluffy things are soft

RE:??Limiting Merchants

Fabre Wrote:id say that since there is finally a great idea about the various problems auto venders cause.??that we should do a poll about the 72hour vending. its obvious the ip idea was mearly an alteranative idea to compare the 72h idea with so lets not focus on the bad ideas in this thread, instead i am interested more in the shareing about the good ones, lets not turn this into a troll thread, we finally have a tread that is decent about this topic, and id llike to see serious discussions about this topic.??especially towards the 72 hour idea. i know the selfish and over rich obviously will be against this idea at least a little. but lets put our personal flaws to the side and figure if this is benifitial to all, and not just one group.

my vote goes to yes for 72h vending. and if this thread stays mature and intellegent, i will be back to post why i feal it is a good idea and why i dont.

luvs

+1 =D I love yer positive thinking Fabre

01-20-2011 06:15 PM
Landon Offline
Snappin necks, Cashin Checks

I was actually on a server where they disabled autovending merchants as characters so they didnt show up on @who at all. It was kind of convenient :x
Also, whats wrong with a vending room?

PS: Any experienced p server player knows the population is usually at least half of the total population.

Hercules 97 High Priest
Shepard 99 Whitesmith
Hawk 98 Clown
Barossa 97 Professor
(This post was last modified: 01-20-2011 11:24 PM by Landon.)
01-20-2011 11:15 PM