Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Ninja/Gunner
Session Offline
Formerly known as Tak.

Ninja/Gunner

I may not speak for all, but as someone that rather enjoys extended classes I've been thinking; i've barely leveled them on here.

Why? I've did it all before. Sure, my gunslinger is in the 8x range- but my ninja is still in his sixties. I know how to play them well, but my passion is lost where there is no freshness to them anymore- feels the same song and dance.

So, I kindly propose we get some new toys to not only play with on gunslinger/nin, but to help assist in leveling and making them a more useful class overall.

I'm aware we have the scarf, but it's 99 limitation (And for good reason too, considering it's gear slot and massive buff) just seems more of a pvp gear- even though its quite useful in pvm I'm sure.

Besides, having more pretty customs to make heRo look good to new players is all the better; granted they're balanced and have a good use.

I have a few ideas that could just add effects to current gear that right now doesn't have any "real" use- since there is something much better to be used.

IE: Cowboy hat and western grace. Would it be that difficult to add a small bit of script and change the item description to reflect it's change? EDIT: cuz obv gravity didn't know they made these hats for gunslinger.

As another small suggestion, I'd love a higher level of waterball on a ninja. The elephant hat gives level 1, could it be made to allow level 3 waterball for ninja say with the prerequisite of water escape technique and/or soul being x level to use?

Also, I'm not looking for a 'eff you no' type of response as it usually goes. Nor a 'it can't be done', since I know well enough that it can. Just, post your thoughts on adding gear/customizing for the extended classes.

My Shop/Buylist- Angel's Branch of HeRo
http://pandoraonline.net/forum/showthread.php?tid=23468

Ign:
High Priest- Akharamizu-Leader of Transcension
Assassin Cross- DownfallenAngel
High Wizard- Session
To-Be SinX2- Tithe
Rogue- Anzkhel
Errende- Hunter
Gunslinger- Ancele
Soullinker- Jonag

I used to have a comment here. I still do, but I used to do, too.
(This post was last modified: 07-21-2011 09:45 PM by Session.)
07-20-2011 12:42 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Fyrus Carmin Offline
The aura is with me !

RE: Ninja/Gunner

Have you looked at BG rewards for Gunslingers ?

[Image: sansre5m.png]
[Image: sansre3o.png]
Quote:Note that any GM activity including monster summoning and mass carnage of players can be considered trolling (however, this can be disguised as an "event")
07-20-2011 02:41 PM
Incarn Offline
embers and envelopes

sadly they aren't even out and you have to be 89+ to get them on your GS

/bursts in through the front door

aedra, lv98 high priest
07-20-2011 02:46 PM
The Legendary Joe Offline
Raging Alt-a-holic

Being able to Provide your OWN water source AND Waterball? I'd highly approve! But then I'd want wizard to get their waterball buffed.

Level 10 waterball on wizzies!

But honestly I'd think some poison/earth spells would fit better on ninja, but adding new skills to a class wouldn't be something the GM's would typically do.

for gunners, I think elemental bullets (outside of silvers and the grenade spheres) would make them a tad more welcoming to play. Or perhaps one of those Cowboys vrs indians events or something.
07-20-2011 04:46 PM
Radolf Offline

Well since I do have a 99 ninja and do enjoy playing both of the extended, here's my two cents.

First the black scarf needs to be changed. Two reasons, first it's a lower headgear, which means SN's can equip it too, which quite frankly while it does make me happy in some regards and tempted to actually play one, it really does piss me off that they can use it. Second both classes need entirely different thing to actually help them, so the effects should be different.

As for the BG items, those aren't even just GS and Ninja only, they just combo with the scarf for an ATK and or MATK boost, and I'll be honest the normal effect of decorative kunai completely sucks on a ninja because they're not supposed to get hit to start with.

I'm sure the elemental bullets have been discussed before and the GM's didn't mention anything about making them, but yes I do believe it'd make them more fun of a class to play.

As to what Joe said of them getting new skills, they can already get earth spells from wings, which gets rid of the black scarf, but it can be done, and to be honest regarding the waterball, you're probably better off just using the ninjas native skills.

Amazing Avatar by Bran Flakes

IGNS:
Jyouya Kanou- 99 WoE Linker
Kidomaru Yuji- 99/70 Ninja
07-20-2011 05:36 PM
Former-GM-Circe Offline
Thank you, all. <3

SNs can equip any headgear while linked. It's not restricted to just lower.
I feel putting the scarf on any "hidden" slot removes a chance for GS/Ninjas to have another card slot unless we completely change the scarf in order to accommodate a slot, which really does just make it another gear entirely.

There have been threads about elemental bullets before.
From memory, they were rejected. Usually amid lots of calls of "Just play a hunter" from a lot of players, but I believe some others also put in some math.
I'd suggest running a search for it. I'm sure there was a large on within the past 6 months or so.

Edit:
Here we are!

Jan 2011: http://pandoraonline.net/forum/showthread.php?tid=18206
Aug 2010: http://pandoraonline.net/forum/showthread.php?tid=15856
Mar 2010: http://pandoraonline.net/forum/showthread.php?tid=13561

Gone! Thanks for the memories.
<333

07-20-2011 10:11 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Radolf Offline

To be honest I would love to have different gears for them. First off not a headgear, and second off two separate equips for ninja and gunslinger since they are not the same, and the needs they have are different, and more importantly, don't make it a headgear so that it's ONLY ninja/gunslinger.

And what are you meaning by "hidden" slot, I think accessories would server better than a lower headgear, and that would make more sense with what was done with the BG customs that you guys made as well to take them as a pair.

Amazing Avatar by Bran Flakes

IGNS:
Jyouya Kanou- 99 WoE Linker
Kidomaru Yuji- 99/70 Ninja
07-20-2011 11:59 PM
Session Offline
Formerly known as Tak.

Not too concerned about the BG gear, as it stands they seem it'll take a long time to get them, but I haven't been keeping up with the thread for 'em the past few days...so it may have changed by now.

Anyways, lets not even get started on elemental bullets- I play slinger and I can say they do just fine with silvers and bloody. I've always been a bit confuzzled whether or not a sage's endow will enchant the bullets, or just the actual weapon for when you go up and "pretend shoot" melee attack something.

I can agree that maybe an accessory set would be great. Seeing as they are extended, they can never use linens/bull/or any other higher tier slotted gear above say, a glove or so.

Make one for ninja, one for gunslinger- and have them combo with the black scarf, or a specific hat for each of them. Heck, a new v4p headgear could have a bonus effect tagged on for the combo, if the black scarf combo would be looked down on.

I'm glad Circe decided to respond, but I'm curious- is there a real possibility ideas for some custom gear for nin/gunner to be considered?

Ign:
High Wizard- Session
To-Be SinX2- Tithe
Rogue- Anzkhel
Errende- Hunter
Gunslinger- Ancele
Soullinker- Jonag

07-21-2011 03:22 PM
Former-GM-Circe Offline
Thank you, all. <3

No. Not at all. We'd never, ever put in any sort of custom gear/hat for any class ever!

Of course we do. We did put the scarf in, afterall.
There's just a fine line where we don't necessarily change whole classes through gears. Just.. emphasis/help/work with certain parts of them, I guess.

Gone! Thanks for the memories.
<333

07-21-2011 08:10 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Session Offline
Formerly known as Tak.

Love you sometiems Circe. Whistle

It comes down to...how many times do you see a party ask for, or truly want a gunslinger or ninja come along?

SG have specialized parties, if they know what they're doing. Linkers are self explanatory (usually).

Some fun new things to assist in leveling them would be neat, I think.

Now I'm being redundant- wish someone else would back me up here. Sweat

Edit- This would be neat, if it were toned down a good bit. 2 def+ those effects are a bit overkill, I feel.

http://ratemyserver.net/item_db.php?item...92&small=1

Any thoughts on it? I personally think the sprite is pretty neat; yet very decorative looking, and who knows how it'd mesh with other gear's when layered.

Ign:
High Wizard- Session
To-Be SinX2- Tithe
Rogue- Anzkhel
Errende- Hunter
Gunslinger- Ancele
Soullinker- Jonag

(This post was last modified: 07-21-2011 09:47 PM by Session.)
07-21-2011 09:42 PM