Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Light Side 1 - Dark Side 0
ChaosPrince Offline
Troll Prince

RE: Light Side 1 - Dark Side 0

ok, then only ICE WALL is not working, wtf?
09-14-2012 01:19 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Ellie Offline
Bittersweet

RE: ??Light Side 1 - Dark Side 0

ChaosPrince Wrote:I've got my Generation 5 wings.. I missed 2 months, and I remember failing my first ever ToH, thus in 8 ToH's (aka 8 months), Dark never won once. Maybe they did 1/8... but Kev carried the like 15 Dark vs like 40 lights...

Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you, one of those who did not do his two minutes research!

Allow me to point it out to you, CP dear, in the most minimalist terms that I can:

Nov 2011: Dark
http://pandoraonline.net/forum/showthread.php?tid=20907

Dec 2011: Light
http://pandoraonline.net/forum/showthread.php?tid=21032

Jan 2012: Dark
http://pandoraonline.net/forum/showthread.php?tid=21139

Feb 2012: Light
http://pandoraonline.net/forum/showthread.php?tid=21317

March 2012: Dark
http://pandoraonline.net/forum/showthread.php?tid=21893

April 2012: Light
http://pandoraonline.net/forum/showthread.php?tid=22025

And then the last 4? months have been light only.

So, you see, for half a damn year it was even.
Hell, if you bring it down to a 5 month period, dark is in front!

And, if we go by your "past 8 months", Dark has won 2/8, 1/4, which coincidently is the same amount you didn't show up for... Huh.

Before that, they were on 1/2 for half a year.
You'll also notice my post said:
Ellie Wrote:From Nov to like May or whatever crap, Light and Dark were even for ToH Mass Battle wins.
And yet, the announcement of this came as a surprise to everyone, because no one had, ya'know, actually taken the two minutes to do the count. They'd all just assumed that Light had won every time, and pranced around proclaiming it to every Allegiance discussion that came up.
Which was pretty much spot on, minus May. >>

Inasad
stop doing dickers
(This post was last modified: 09-14-2012 02:48 PM by Ellie.)
09-14-2012 02:47 PM
ChaosPrince Offline
Troll Prince

You lost 2 mins of your life doing this?! Why don't you list from April to August heh? let me do it for you
-April: Light
-May: Light
-June: Light
-July: Light
-August: Light

Why? because it looks bad. Very nice try marketing for your point. Anyways, I still got my ToH wing without wining a single ToH Mass battle. I don't rely on others to win points for me (carry)

Sorry to the Light Hero's out there, but facts are:
-Dark are outnumbered, but have the better players;
-Light has lots of cherry pickers (if the hat suits you, wear it);
-Item trial is much easier/ressource saving than PvP, thus most of us come with PvM characters... Therefore, if we were aloud to use our main character, regardless if you outnumber us 40 to 10, we'll still wipe the floor with your bodies;

Fact: Recent RP event: first time, Light win with nearly 48 players, Dark had less than 24 and still managed to get to the same spot.
Second time: Dark has 1~2 players more than Light, gets all the way in emp, and might have cleared it if GMs didn't decide on his own to end Dark's chance (I wasted my Token of Sieg and resed HP next to me, was waiting for the occasion). Where did Light? oh right, dead at the same spot than first time.

Conclusion: Dark way more firepower. Light only wins with numbers or when situation advantages them (PvM chars vs PvM chars). Remember, more players = more classes... Light always get Pneuma/HW/Buffs, while Dark doesn't in mass battle
09-14-2012 06:02 PM
demishock Offline
Natural Selection

RE:??Light Side 1 - Dark Side 0

ChaosPrince Wrote:Light only wins with numbers or when situation advantages them

Um... duh? Dark only wins when the situation is advantageous to them as well. Or, to put it another way, when the situation is disadvantageous to the Light side. That's kind of what winning is.

To help:
Join Test & Dev and/or our heRO wiki
Apply to be a GM or mod
Vote and Review

For help:
Submit a support ticket
Check the heRO wiki

[Image: 29bnhpd.jpg]
09-14-2012 06:38 PM
ChaosPrince Offline
Troll Prince

hah! so do you have any suggestions that can promote "fair" competition? And how is Dark advantaged or Light is disadvantaged?
09-15-2012 12:25 AM
demishock Offline
Natural Selection

The competition's already fair. That's the point. You just got through pointing out that Light's been dominating the mass battles at ToH but that Dark is faring better at these Light vs. Dark WoE castle events. There's your answer, right there: different scenarios = different advantages/disadvantages = different outcomes. There's nothing unfair about it.

People CHOOSE a faction, people CHOOSE to show up or not show up for events, people CHOOSE which character to play as when they participate in events... it's not something you or I or the GMs or any one particular person has any kind of control over. It is what it is. We have to work with what we have.

To help:
Apply to be a GM or mod
Vote and Review

For help:
Submit a support ticket
Check the heRO wiki

09-15-2012 12:51 AM
ChaosPrince Offline
Troll Prince

There is always a reason behind the choices that are made! There are aspects that incluence those choices.
09-15-2012 12:58 AM
demishock Offline
Natural Selection

Yeah, and a lot of that is personal preference. For example, I've pointed out before that I actually LIKE the Dark side gears better than the Light side ones - personal preference. They all have the same stats, and as far as looks go, people like what they like.

You say Light has a numbers advantage and then in the same breath you say Dark has better equipped, better skilled players. If that's the case, the two advantages should even each other out.

To help:
Apply to be a GM or mod
Vote and Review

For help:
Submit a support ticket
Check the heRO wiki

09-15-2012 01:04 AM
mahawirasd Offline
Posting Freak

welp, there seems to always be people who don't appreciate others' posts (by actually reading them properly) before commenting and they hope that their post gets acknowledge...

aanyway...
dark has more skill on average than light? definitely. I don't think anyone ever said otherwise.
That has been the case for the last 4 years. There was a long drought of light wins because of that. And at that time, new people tended to flock to the dark side because of that, same as what you're complaining about today.

However, somewhere along the way, some pro dark players decided to change allegiances to make mass more interesting. They didn't do it to make TOH easy, they didn't do it for the points, they didn't do it because they weren't good friends with people from the dark side, they did it because they just wanted to make mass pvp somewhat more interesting. And you know what? they had respect for each other, no matter what their allegiance was.

There are also people who went to TOH with their pvp/woe chars BECAUSE it is hard. They're not namby-pamby people who wanted to get cheap and easy wings by going as pvm chars. They didn't go as pvm snipers to get easy points, they went as pvp snipers or sinX or WS or AD-happy creators. They went for the PVP because they wanted to PVP. They used their resources like no tomorrow because they know that that's what it takes to make PVP interesting. That's what it takes to make TOH interesting.
Because of their dedication, those people eventually got a pvp event. They earned their pvp event.

so stop whining and tell all the people that supposedly love pvp to come to TOH as pvp players.
IF there are more than 10 pvp players for 6 consecutive TOHs (like how it used to be 3-4 years ago), i'll be the one to make the thread requesting for a pvp event.

W
09-15-2012 01:16 AM
ChaosPrince Offline
Troll Prince

@Laroc: Personal preferences?? Time zone, ressources, hours of grinding, easier points, better looking gears (you're an exception, most like invisible wings), etc

@W: Some of those people who "changed" side were due to the appearance of the transparent Light wings... Furthermore, 95% of the individuals will choose the "easier/cheaper" option if they had to choose between 2 options. Players who spend ressources like no-tomorrow =
1. They don't care anymore;
2. They took advantages of the nature of the game before they get removed (Soils splitting = 30k Karvo/Alcohol; BubbleGums; Bee Wing nerf (rumor??), etc)
09-15-2012 01:28 AM